28th July 2011, 07:57 AM
Tejas125

Study material to be referred for GATE exam? How to make my time table for that?

Hi All,
i am planning take gate , but i can't go for coaching classes , i need to study myself and take the exam.

but i don't know about material to study and i am not clear to make time table to study plz any one suggest me ,, it will be more helpful in my life

which books to refer and how to prepare.. pls help me to make time table.

plzplz

27th August 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Study material to be referred for GATE exam? How to make my time table for that?

i am apply in mp state sub-inspector exam. so exam conduct in 25 September 20011. so you have help me in G.S. and Hindi Grammer. can you sugges me G.S. book in this exam. thanking you.
20th November 2011, 10:03 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Default Re: Study material to be referred for GATE exam? How to make my time table for that?

GATE-CS

STUDT MATERIAL FOR GATE:

The contents of the book are: Engineering Math's, Theory of Computation, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming & Data Structure, Algorithms, Compiler Design, Operating System, Databases and Computer Networks.

all the best!!!!!!!!!
17th December 2011, 02:43 PM
shaivi singh

Thumbs up Re: Study material to be referred for GATE exam? How to make my time table for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas125 View Post
Hi All,
i am planning take gate , but i can't go for coaching classes , i need to study myself and take the exam.

but i don't know about material to study and i am not clear to make time table to study plz any one suggest me ,, it will be more helpful in my life

plzplz
yes u are right self study is best & for this u have to maks time table first as there is only 8 week in exam so u have to study smartly so dont try to study all subjects prepare some subjects(which are scoring in GATE) completey.

for preparation u can prefer either the postal study course or a book(G.K. Publications).
22nd December 2011, 06:21 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi All,

plzplz

follow these books for GATE.

* Mathematical Logic: Discrete Mathematics by Tremblay Manohar, Probability , statistics and queuing theory " by S.C.Gupta & V.K.Kapoor
* Graph Theory: Narsingh Deo
* Linear Algebra: Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S. Grewal
* Numerical Methods: S.S. Sastry
* Formal Language and Automata Theory: Formal Languages and Automata theory", J.D.Ullman etal
* Analysis of Algorithms and Computational Complexity: Introduction to algorithms" - Cormen etal" Computer Algorithms" - Horowitz and Sahani
* Digital Logic: " Digital Logic circuits and Design " by Morris Mano
* Computer Organization: " Computer Organisation " by Morris Mano
11th August 2012, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am 3rd year studend of en&tc brach i prepare for gate exam. How to prepare? How to manage the stidy? Which books r use? Plz tell me. Plz plz
15th January 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Sir gm i am 12th class student of cbse bord and only one month are left so how can be scored 90% in one month .
7th June 2013, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

iam poor in machines so pls give me suggestions how to learn it to score rank in gate
7th June 2013, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare power electronics in gate point of view
2nd September 2013, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

how to schedule the time for gate preparation per a day
10th February 2014, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

im a 2nd yr e&i student..im preparing fir gate exam..im following g.k publication's book...but i need subject wise books for detailed knowledge.plz suggest me what books shall i follow???
10th February 2014, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

im a 2nd yr e&i student..im preparing fir gate exam..im following g.k publication's book...but i need subject wise books for detailed knowledge.plz suggest me what books shall i follow???
1st April 2015, 11:10 PM
sanspeur

Quote:
Hi All,

plzplz
GATE graduate aptitude test in engineering is one of exam for engineers to get admission in IIT and nit for masters degree. Also this exam is helpful in getting into PSUs.
So it become tougher for clearing this as no of competition is increasing day by day.
As I would like to clear the myth regarding the preparation for this do not need coaching only it can be clear by self preparation with good and competitive approach.
Coaching classes are not always results producing center it all depend upon the merit and level of preparation of a student so it is not any problem if you are not taking coaching.
As you have not mention the stream you are applying for so the books or material helpful for this exam is as follows

you can take handwritten notes from MADE Easy.
Also you can practice from A k Aurora for analytical part.
Rs aggarwal book for analytical is very good.
For math BS GREWAL engineering mathematics.

Gate tutor by arihant publication is also helpful.
For preparing time table it should depend upon the student to student.
But it is advisable that you should start bunch of small target rather than Pplanning for long term.
As Gate exam is multiple choice exam you should take care of your time management skill .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?