12th April 2015, 05:38 PM
Ashwini rajpoot

In which subject and from which institute should I do my graduation to get job in CBI?

Sir please tell me , from which subject I should do my graduation and from which institute, so that it can help me in further examination and also in my job in CBI?

13th April 2015, 12:11 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: In which subject and from which institute should I do my graduation to get job in CBI?

# It is good to know that your aim of life is to become a CBI officer.

# To become a CBI officer, candidate has to sit for SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year.

# Here it is worthwhile to mentioned that neither any specific subject nor any specific institute can help you in becoming CBI officer.

# Candidate with any background or with any stream/subjects or with from any institute/college can become CBI officer.

# The nature and composition of written test is such that candidate should have sound & basic knowledge of all general subjects such as General Science, English, Mathematics, Indian History, Geography, Economics, General Knowledge, Indian Constitution etc.

# Candidate should opt any subjects/stream for graduation and also choose any institute/college as per their choice, interest and scope.

# Candidate can become CBI officer only after completion of graduation in any stream from a recognised institute/university.

# You are presently under-graduate and you are advised to make maximum use of available time before the completion of graduation for the better preparation of examination.

# For the preparation of written examination, candidate should take the help of NCERT books of standard 6th to 12th, leading national newspapers, books of reputed publishers such as Disha Publication, Arihant Publication, Upkar Publication, RPH Publication etc.
13th April 2015, 12:22 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: In which subject and from which institute should I do my graduation to get job in CBI?

If you want to go for the graduation and in future after graduation for the CBI then i would suggest you to take Arts stream with mathematics and Geography and political science and history and English.
The combination of these subjects will best to you as most of the syllabus will be covered in these subjects of the SSC C.G.L. because in art stream you will study the most part of the general knowledge in History, Geography and Political science and maximum part of English and in math maximum part of advanced mathematics will be covered.

eligibility for the C.G.L. to join C.B.I. is-

>> Candidate to be an indian citizen and physically fit.

>> candidate should be graduate from any recognized university approved by UGC and affiliated by AICTE.

>> Candidate age must fall between 29 years and with age relaxation 32 years for OBC and 34 for the SC/ST candidates as relaxation is 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

>> After fulfilling these conditions candidates have to qualify for the C.G.L. exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?