7th January 2016, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IAS exam after having supplementary in graduation? Procedure to fill IAS application forms?

Hello,
Well, I have cleared my 12th in commerce and after that I will chose B.C.A for graduation but what if I get supplementary. And I have not still completed my graduation. I want to ask am I eligible for IAS exam? And what’s the procedure to fill the forms and all?
Please, tell me.
Thank You.

8th January 2016, 06:52 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for IAS exam after having supplementary in graduation? Procedure to fill IAS application forms?

No, you will not be eligible for Civil Services examination if you will have supplementary in bachelor's degree. Candidate must not have any backlog or supplementary in bachelor's degree then only, you can be eligible for exam.

There is no specific percentage criteria in bachelor's degree. Candidate with even passing percentage marks in graduation can apply for this exam. The minimum age limit is 21 years.

Once you are eligible, you can apply for exam at official website of UPSC which is http://http://upsconline.nic.in/. It is a two step process in which you need to provide you personal details and upload photograph, signature and then make payment of examination fee.
8th January 2016, 07:02 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for IAS exam after having supplementary in graduation? Procedure to fill IAS application forms?

Candidates having supplementary in graduation are not eligible for applying for Indian Administrative Services examination called Civil Services exam.

Only those candidates who have done bachelor's degree or in final year of bachelor's degree can apply for this exam.

You need to complete your bachelor's degree first then you can apply for exam at official website of UPSC. Notification for exam is released in April- May of every year.
8th January 2016, 12:18 PM
Solution1
Junior Member+

No, you are not eligible to apply for IAS Examination. You can apply for IAS Examination after completion of degree course. Fist finish the course as soon as possible.
8th January 2016, 01:42 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join as I.A.S Officer without completion of graduation but you can appear for civil services examination even if your result is waiting.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. Candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection in examination.

So, you need to complete your graduation for final selection.

The application form for 2016 examination will be available from April. For more information about examination is www.upsc.gov.in.
8th January 2016, 07:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Well, I have cleared my 12th in commerce and after that I will chose B.C.A for graduation but what if I get supplementary. And I have not still completed my graduation. I want to ask am I eligible for IAS exam? And what’s the procedure to fill the forms and all?
Please, tell me.
Thank You.
If you have any pending backlog in graduation degree then you are not eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Eligible candidate for IAS exam can apply online through UPSC website.

IAS 2016 Date:-

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM. 2016:- 07.08.2016 (SUNDAY).

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM, 2016:- 03.12.2016 (SATURDAY)
31st May 2017, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

If I passed degree supplementary in 3rd year exams can I write Civil's exam
Please kindly tell me the procedure,
Thank you
6th June 2018, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have pass supplementray exam in 12th class then am i eligible for ias exam.
15th June 2019, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

respected sir. sir iam graduated from university with b.tech .amd my doubt is sir I have one supply in inter 1st year and i have passed also that subject ,through supply.. sir i have cleared all .but in certificates i have supply statement. am i eligible for writing IAS exams..

pls respond to my qstn sir..
thanking you..
21st August 2019, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I had supplementary exam in graduation and i had pass the exam this year and completed my graduation .Am i eligible to apply IAS exam?
16th December 2019, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

I am passed in 2012 but my regular is 2009 to 2011 in back chemistry isn't eligible or not for IAS
24th December 2019, 12:40 PM
Sreerag. K

you will not be eligible for Civil Services examination if you will have supplementary in bachelor's degree. Candidate must not have any backlog or supplementary in bachelor's degree then only, you can be eligible for exam.

There is no specific percentage criteria in bachelor's degree. Candidate with even passing percentage marks in graduation can apply for this exam. The minimum age limit is 21 years.
22nd February 2020, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

I have cleared my supplementary if iam eligible
23rd April 2020, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

I have cleared bachelor's degree but in graduation periods was 5years because I got supplements in those periods.so can i eligible for ias exam???reply soon plsss
23rd March 2021, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir I have passed my degree in supplementary, if IAM eligible or not for IAS ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?