27th September 2011, 04:29 PM
Sagguvva

Which subject should I take as optional in Civils?

sir'i am enginering stdnt.i want to appear in 2012 civils exam..as a ece stdnt whch sabjcts shuld i take as optional

8th March 2012, 04:36 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I take as optional in Civils?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagguvva View Post
sir'i am enginering stdnt.i want to appear in 2012 civils exam..as a ece stdnt whch sabjcts shuld i take as optional
In Civil Service Examination, candidates may select any subjects as optional papers, irrespective of the stream one belong to.
The optional paper is to be chosen only in the Main Examination, which is the second stage of the civil service examination. The first stage, known as Civil Service Aptitude Test comprise of two compulsory papers and do no gave any provision for optional paper.

Now, in the Main Examination, being an Engineering Graduate (Electronics and Communication), you may select any two subjects as your optional papers but the following combination of subjects are not allowed:
  • Any two branches of engineering
  • Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
  • Commerce and Management
  • Anthropology and Sociology
  • Maths and Statistics
  • Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  • Management and Public Administration
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?