1st February 2016, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to change optional subject in 12th standard?

My son Lovish Wadhwa is in class 12th and opted PCB with Maths as optional subject. His mid term exams in school are in progress. Seeking through the difficulties/performance in Maths, now he wants to opt Physical Education as an optional subject in place of Maths. Please let us know the procedure to change the optional subject?

PLEASE SOLVE OUR PROBLEM.

3rd February 2016, 03:21 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to change optional subject in 12th standard?

I am sorry to say that now it is not possible to change any subject as it is quite late now and the registration is all done in class 11 only. Your son should have opted for this in class 11 only.

However. you must ask him to contact the higher authorities once and ask them for some help. If any provision is there, they will surely help him out and if not then I am sorry to say that he will have to deal with it.
3rd February 2016, 03:24 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Optional subjects are very well liable to be changed before the registration process starts,i.e. class 11, before that you can very much change your optional subject. however, in your child's case it is quite different. He should contact the school authorities and tell them that he wants to change the subject, if possible they will help him out.
28th July 2017, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

I want to change my optional subject in class 12 from computer science to physical education is it possible to do
26th August 2017, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

I want to change my optional subject from maths to legal studies in class 12 is it possible please help me this is very serious issue because it is related to my future please help???
27th August 2017, 03:18 AM
cataleya11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to change my optional subject from maths to legal studies in class 12 is it possible please help me this is very serious issue because it is related to my future please help???
Yes it is possible to change your optional subject if and only if your registration for 12th boards in not done yet. The registration is done in class 11 for boards examination and the subjects selected during registration are final. You need to appear for those subjects in your board and no alteration can be done.

If your registration is still pending then there is hope and you can speak to your school principal and committee regarding it. You will get all the required information from your school office about the procedure to change subject. During your registration select those subjects that you want to attend in boards.

Good Luck.
1st September 2017, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

I'm a student of class 12 and i wished to change my optional subject from maths to hindi due to my poor understanding of the subject....My teachers and the principal had asked a person who had come from the Cbse Ajmer,to our school during the board supplementary examination about the change in subject....He asked to get an application written by the student's parents about the change in subject and a letter by the principal for the same....The above procedure was done on the same date and the letter was sent to Cbse Ajmer the next day....I haven't received any letter regarding my subject change yet from the cbse,as they said that it will be sent in a month or two....How long will i have to wait for this as i'm going to start with my half yearly examinations soon this month...Kindly see to the matter and inform is as soon as possible.
Thank You!
2nd September 2017, 12:32 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

It's not possible to change any subject in class 12th. As the registration is already done in class 11th.
No any school or board will allow you to change the subject.
If your son face a problem than you have to talk to the higher authorities or he has to repeat his class 11th.
7th September 2017, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

CBSE CLASS 12 STUDENT HAVING 6 SUBJECTS BIOTECHNOLOGY AS SIXTH. IS THERE ANY PROVISION TO SELECT BEST OF FIVE AMONG THE SIX SUBJECT'S IN FINAL EXAM OF CLASS 12 TO PROMOTE THE STUDENT.
2nd November 2017, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change sixth subject in class X before the final registration ?
How much is the fee for that ?
16th November 2017, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

I have filed an application to change the the subject from computer science to physical education and I haven't received any answer yet so please let me know what is the status of my application.
please sir tell me how can I check the status of my application because exams are commencing soon and I have to study computer science and I am sure that I can't score good marks in Computer Science now .
so please it's a humble request let me know how can I check my the status of my application.
31st May 2018, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

I haven't taken sixth subject but now being in class 12 i wanted it. Is there any way to take it now.
1st July 2018, 08:52 PM
Sanyamjain1437

Cool Re: What is the procedure to change optional subject in 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to change my optional subject in class 12 from computer science to physical education is it possible to do
--You can change your optional subject ( computer ) to ( physical ) by a written application to your principal.
3rd February 2019, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I'm a 11th grader. I have taken PCB( Biology and Physical Education as my optional subjects).Registration is over. Now, I'm planning to change my school, which means that, I'll have to register again for the 12th Board exam. I wish to change my additional subject from Physical Education to Home Science. Will I be able to do it? Would it be an issue for the higher authorities of the school that I'm going to join in? What are procedures to go about?
6th April 2019, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

How much would it take to chnge one subject our school is saying that it would cost 5000 rupees to change one subject is it true ??? Please help me i want to chng from punjabi to physical education in 12th
10th June 2019, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

I am not clear in sociology in Sr.secondary nios I have already give two times exams in odes but not clear. So I want to change my sociology subject if it is possible please answer me
12th July 2019, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

What is the fees of change subject ,computer to music
21st July 2019, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 12 standard and I have arts stream with maths but now I have many problems with maths and now. I want to change maths as maths to hindi can is it possible please reply because I have no idea what I will do next if any way to change an optional subject so please reply me
10th August 2019, 06:20 AM
Unregistered

Our school which is located in the region of Chennai, the students of 11th ( 2018-2019 ) they have opted the subject " Business- code No.811 " as 6th subject. But now
( 2019-2020 ) they want to change their subject " Insurance-Code NO.814 " as 6th subject. Is it admissible ? Expecting your favorable reply.
14th May 2020, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

I am Megha verma and I am in class 12 I have 6 subjects that are physics, chemistry, biology, English , physical education and fine arts is a additional subject
I want to change my subject from fine arts to music can I change this subject as registration for class 12 has not been done yet so is it possible to change this subject it was not my wish to take this subject our teacher gave this subject forcefully to us please help me its my future question I am changing this subject because of my poor drawing
If you will help me I will highly obliged to you
Please help me
7th June 2020, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure of removing of optional subject maths for pcb student ?
2nd September 2020, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to change optional subject in class 12 cbse
18th April 2021, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to change the optional Subject in class 12th in session 2021-22
17th May 2021, 06:20 PM
Oneplus8T
Senior Member+

Changing optional subject is possible in 12th standard but changing stream is not possible in CBSE BOARD.

For more details you should contact to your school principal.

If school didn't help you in changing your optional subject then you can write a letter to CBSE BOARD in which region you study.
26th June 2021, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

I want to change my 6th subject, is there any way i can do that in 12th, before boards? I'm from batch [2021-2022]
15th February 2022, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

I am student of class 12th . My exam is very near. But I want to change my optional sub 'sociology'. May you help me please%uD83D%uDE2B%uD83D%uDE4F%uD83D%uDE4F. I want to put in optional sub of History. Very necessary. Help me Help me...
7th August 2023, 12:39 AM
Hozefa patwa

Arrow Re: What is the procedure to change optional subject in 12th standard?

Sir can i change my optional subject in class 12th ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?