3rd October 2011, 12:45 AM
saaaalaaaa

Which subjects I can choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?

good morning sor,
i m student of mechanical engg.,so which subject would be easy for me to compute ias examination

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects I can choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  3. Which optional subjects should Mechanical Engineering students choose?
  4. Which subject should I choose for IAS? I am doing my Mechanical Engineering
  5. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  6. Which are the subjects for UPSC exam for mechanical engineering students?
  7. How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year
  8. How to prepare for IAS after passing Mechanical engineering? Which optional subjects should I choose?
  9. How to choose optional subjects in IAS for a student in mechanical engineering -- [New]
  10. Which books should I read for Mechanical engineering subjects as per IAS syllabus?
  11. Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?
  12. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a Bio-Agri candidate?
  13. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  14. How many subjects to choose for IAS? Previous years question papers for EE engineering?
  15. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  16. Which stream would be easy after 12th to become an IPS officer?
  17. Which subjects should an Electrical Engineer choose for IAS exam? Will electrical engineering and zoology be helpful for me as mains paper?
  18. Optional subjects in the IAS preliminary exam -- [Most Discussed]
3rd October 2011, 11:13 AM
anand5409

Default Re: Which subjects I can choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?

IAS is a very tough exam in India as known. you should choose the subject in which you are master. as you said you are a student of mechanical engineer then i think you should choose first subject as mechanical and second as physics. next you should decide on your interest.
best of luck.
3rd October 2011, 01:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects I can choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaaalaaaa View Post
good morning sor,
i m student of mechanical engg.,so which subject would be easy for me to compute ias examination
Dear friend,

Yes, You are eligible for IAS exam but your graduation university must be recognized.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
3rd October 2011, 07:42 PM
K.Bala Kishore

hi,
As you are from mechanical stream better you choose Properties and choice of refrigerant, Refrigeration Systems and components, psychometrics.

all the best
3rd October 2011, 08:40 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaaalaaaa View Post
good morning sor,
If you have completed your Graduation course in Mechanical Engineering, then please choose Mechanical engineering subjects in UPSC Civil services examination, This subjects are availiable in the List of Optional Subjects in Civil services examination, You have to choose the Optional Subjects as per your Graduation.

Since you have study Mechanical Engineering subjects, so its not difficult for you to choose this subject in Civil services Main examination.

So, please choose Mechanical Engineering Subject in UPSC Civil services examination, If you are Interested in this examination, then please apply for this examination next year, The schedule and dates for Next year Examination was already updated in the UPSC website.

To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university and your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The Notification of this examination was Going to be Published on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination was 05/March/2012.

The Preliminary examination was Going to be Held on 20/May/2012.

>> So, Please apply for this examination Next year after declaration of Notification.

Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and if you have cracked the preliminary examination then you are eligible to appear for the Main examination, In main examination you have to choose the Optional subjects as Per your Graduation, But preliminary examination was Objective and there are Two papers in this examination of Same marks and duration, so please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination online and for More details check the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
3rd October 2011, 11:01 PM
sidbond

(iii) Minimum Educational Qualifications :The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

So you are eligible to appear for the upsc examinations.
You can consider your stream as a subject-Mechanical engineering.
For details and syllabus refer to the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 110 views)
10th October 2011, 01:44 PM
anand5409

Dear friend,
UPSC is one of the toughest exams in India as known. After cracking this exam you can become an IAS officer.
firstly you have to sit in its PT exam. After this shortlisted students have to give its MAINS exam.
In MAINS exam you have to choose two optional subject from various subject. As you said that you are a student of Mechanical engineering then you must choose first as Mechanical and 2nd as Physics. Because you have good knowledge in these subject according to your graduation.
Best of luck
1st January 2012, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects i can choose from for the ias preparation if i am pursuing mechanical engineering from pune university
20th January 2012, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects I can choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Computer Engineering?
31st January 2012, 08:24 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

Yes, You are eligible for IAS exam but your graduation university must be recognized.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.
26th February 2012, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

What are the best subject which should be choosen by an electronic engineer?
2nd April 2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, i am doing PhD in pharmaceutical science, as no subjects related to pharmacy are mentioned in the syllabus, which combination is better for me to choose?
27th April 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

can i choose any subjects from the list , inspite of being a graduate from another subject.
9th June 2012, 03:19 AM
Unregistered

I'm from gujrat nd i study b.tech in s.s. college of engineering,udaipur. Rajsthan. I am from mechanical branch. Now i am in first year. Which subject i choose? Nd how i prepare IAS EXAM?
7th July 2012, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

i am now working in govt. sector as a LDC, i m 25 yr old. i want to know that which subject is easy for preparing civil service exam, i completed my graduatin from ART side correspondence from Delhi University.

my close friend those r preparing for this exams, they suggested me sociology and public administration combination is good. so please give me your advice what should i prefer.

(sir,every day i have to work hard in my office to complete the work, in this situation i can not get time to study, i have hardyl time to stuydy after living the office 7 o'clock, so please tell me easy subjects.)

if these above said subjects r not easy, so please suggested me.

Thanking You
please send the suggestion on my mail------ [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?