19th August 2012, 04:31 AM
jatin sachan

How many subjects to choose for IAS? Previous years question papers for EE engineering?

I am ee engg.pls tell me how many subjects choose for ias and also send me the privious year question paper of ee engg.for ias exam in my email id.

Related Questions:
  1. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  2. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  3. Which subjects should an Electrical Engineer choose for IAS exam? Will electrical engineering and zoology be helpful for me as mains paper?
  4. Which subjects to choose for IAS? I am a Biotechnology student
  5. Which subject should I choose for IAS? I am doing my Mechanical Engineering
  6. How can I become an IAS officer with MBBS degree? Which subjects should I choose? -- [New]
  7. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Previous 5 years IAS question papers?
  9. How to prepare for IAS after passing Mechanical engineering? Which optional subjects should I choose?
  10. How to choose optional subjects in IAS for a student in mechanical engineering
  11. How to write IAS exam after completing engineering? I am studying engineering 3rd year CSE
  12. How many years will it take to become an IAS? Which are the optional subjects?
  13. AMIETE Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Which subjects can I choose as Optional for IAS Exam having completed CSE?
  15. Which subjects I have to choose for IAS Exam after completing my B.E. in Computer Science Engineering?
  16. Optional subjects in the IAS preliminary exam -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?
  18. Previous years IAS prelims and mains question papers?
19th August 2012, 08:12 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many subjects to choose for IAS? Previous years question papers for EE engineering?

Hi dear................

The IAS exam eligibility :--

Age Limit:--

A general category candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August 2012

(upper age limit relaxable for SCs, STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in UPSC Notification).

Educational Qualification :--

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Number of attempts permitted

For General Category - 4

For OBC - 7

For SC & ST - No Limit

The exam pattern :--

The optional subjects for IAS exam........

The list of best books from where you can prepare for your exam :--

Good luck...........
19th August 2012, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How many subjects to choose for IAS? Previous years question papers for EE engineering?

WHAT IS AIEEE?????PLEASE GIVE ME FULL INFORMATIONS ABOUT AIEEEE..THANK U..
19th August 2012, 09:12 PM
ojaswisingh
Junior Member+

Hi Jatin....

first afol i wud lyk to appreciate your choice.... 'IAS'.... Wow...

Now the information abt the exam...

ELIGIBILITY

Nationality

A candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India,
(b) a subject of Nepal,
(c) a subject of Bhutan,
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Age Limits

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, in the year of examination.

The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable in the follwing cases:

~Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: upto a maximum of five years.

~Other Backward Classes: upto a maximum of three years.

~State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989): upto a maximum of five years.

~Defence Services personnel : upto a maximum of five years

Number of attempts

General candidates: four attempts.
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.

For question papers and other informations u can check out the following site... it'll really do the need full...

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
20th August 2012, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an production and industrial engineering student
20th October 2012, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

how diabetas mellitus trans from one to another generation is possible or not?
12th March 2013, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

how many subject in upsc entrace exam?
18th March 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Good optional subjects for commerce
3rd June 2013, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

How many subjects to choose for IAS?
7th August 2013, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

I am in civil,i want to do .ias wh subjects would i prefer?
8th December 2013, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

hiii m Pallavi,
m studying bsc
I want to give UPSC xam ,
Which subjects shld i choose for upsc xams?
2nd May 2014, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE TELL ME HOW MANY SUBJECTS WE HAVE TO CHOOSE IN EACH SESSION OF IAS, PLEASE GUIDE US IN PROPER SEQUENCE OF EXAM?
THANKING YOU.
28th June 2014, 03:43 AM
Unregistered

sorry to ask this question-why the general candidates having restrictions in Ias attempts? why they can take only four attempts but the other tribes or scheduled caster having no restrictions & backward classes having seven attempts? why this differenciancy? after all we all are students why the govrnt.not give same rights to all students?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?