27th May 2012, 09:02 PM
jipsa m mathew

Which subjects should I opt for TET exam after doing B.Ed with book keeping and commercial practice?

I have done B.Ed with Book Keeping and Commercial Practice.
I want to know that what subjects should i opt for TET Exams.

8th September 2012, 05:14 PM
ravichandran_p

Default Re: Which subjects should I opt for TET exam after doing B.Ed with book keeping and commercial practice?

Eligibility for TET or STET

B.Ed is a must to appear in the TET or STET. But the notable point is that the validity of the qualifying certificate B.Ed that is B.Ed will be decided by the State Govt/Union Territory govt or Central Govt organization. The certificate cannot be more than 7 years old.
Exam pattern of TET/STET

The exam pattern of TET/STET is much similar to any competitive exam. You will get 2 papers with objective multiple choice questions and in each paper there will be 150 questions. These questions are supposed to be different for different level of teaching. Here is an outline of question paper and their intended levels.

Paper I: For candidates who want to become teachers for classes I-V.
Paper II: For those want to teach students of VI to VIII.
Paper I and II: Candidates aspiring to teach classes from I to VIII will have to appear and qualify in both the papers I and II.

Syllabus for the TET/ STET

The syllabus for TET or STET covers 5 subjects or sections for paper I. You have to answer 30 objective type multiple questions in each section or each subject. And each of the questions will carry 1 mark each.

The duration of each paper in TET exam is one and a half hours.

Here are the papers subject-wise for TET/STET

1. Child development and pedagogy
2. Language I (the medium of instruction)
3. Language II (chosen from a list other than language I)
4. Mathematics
5. Environmental studies

Description of Question Paper of TET / STET

Child development and pedagogy: Here the questions will focuss on educational psychology of teaching profession. This will measure the person's understanding of the characteristics as well needs of students of different learning groups.
Language I and II questions will be based on language proficiency, elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities of the candidate.
Questions for Mathematics paper for TET will focus on concepts and problem solving abilities of the candidate.
Environmental studies paper for TET will concentrate on the enviornmental awareness and knowlege of the candidate.
There will be 3 compulsory sections in Paper II on child development and pedagogy, language I and II.
For Mathematics and Science teachers in TET there will be 60 Multiple Choice questions of one mark each.
For Social studies teachers(SST) candidate there will be 60 Multiple Choice questions carrying 1(one) mark each.

How to qualify TET

To qualify Teacher eligibility test(TET), one needs to prepare according to the syllabus. Like any other competitive exam here to one must practise finishing their question paper withing the given time-frame. Basically preparing own suject thoroughly is a must and practising multiple choice questions will help to qualify this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?