11th August 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus of computer science for ONGC?

Hello sir as i am preparing for the ongc entrance exam to be held in june so kindly could you please send me the syllabus for computer science for this exam.

20th August 2011, 03:37 PM
mentor_kapil

Default Re: Syllabus of computer science for ONGC?

The selection will be on the basis of a written exam and interview. The test pattern is given below. It is a tough exam and one needs to study hard to get through.

Test Duration:
3 hours

Sections of Exam:
Test is objective as well as subjective (descriptive):
1) General Awareness (50 Marks):
a. 50 Objective Questions (40 to be attempted, 1 Mark each)
b. 2 Descriptive Type Questions (5 Marks Each)
2) Subject Specialization (100 Marks)
a. 75 Objective Questions (60 to be attempted, 1.5 mark each)
b. 2 Descriptive Type Questions (5 Marks Each)
The specialization section has questions from the discipline in which the candidate has completed the degree for eligibility e.g. Electrical, Mechanical etc.

More Details:

Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits; Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).

Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage, Microprocessors (8085) – Architecture, Programming and Interfacing.
Theory of Computation: Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Undecidability; NPcompleteness.

Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C/C++; Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Classes, Objects, Polymorphism, Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.

Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching.

Compiler Design:
Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments, Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization.

Operating Systems: Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, Filesystems, I/O systems.

Databases: ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.

Computer Networks:
ISO/OSI and TCP/IP stacks, Ethernet, Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion control, IP(V4) and its addressing schemes, TCP/UDP and sockets, Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers

Good Lucks...!!
25th August 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

i want sample paper of ongc exam cse branch
10th September 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Is there any place for IT branch in ONGC????
11th September 2011, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that whether the postgraduates in MCA can apply for ongc exam,and if they can apply then what would be the syllabus?
11th September 2011, 09:37 PM
mehfuzansari1

how is written examination held ONLINE or on PAPERS?
12th September 2011, 04:10 PM
Tulasinagababu

Syllabus for psu's like bhel ,sail, ongc, ecil consists of following patterns:
1)technical ability.
*thermodynamics
*heat & mass transfer
*engineering materials
* som
* tom
* fluid mechanics
* machine design
* energy engineering
* cim
* production planning & control

2)aptitude section
* logical reasoning
* numerical aptitude
* verbal ability
3) general knowledge
* current gk
17th November 2011, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

please provide me the syllabus of computer science of uptu
10th December 2011, 08:20 PM
love u munchun

i want sample paper of this exam
13th August 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

my stream in information technology in b.tech
im eligible r nt for programming and MM posts?
27th August 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Please provide me the syllabus of ONGC for computer science and programming.my id is [email protected]
16th April 2014, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Please mail me the previous question papers of ONGC of computer science branch
16th April 2014, 04:57 PM
Nazu534

Can anyone please mail me the previous year papers of ONGC - computer science.
26th March 2015, 09:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir as i am preparing for the ongc entrance exam to be held in june so kindly could you please send me the syllabus for computer science for this exam.
I have attached the syllabus for ONGC exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Syllabus for ONGC.txt(1.5 KB, 44 views)
27th March 2015, 10:08 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

ONGC stands for Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited. It is a Indian Multi National Company. It is Public Sector Undertaking of Indian Government.

Syllabus of computer science for ONGC :

Digital Logic : Number representation and computer arithmetic ( fixed and floating point ), Logic functions, Minimization, Design &synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits

Computer Organization and Architecture : Theory of Computation, Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets & Turing machines, Microprocessors (8085) – Architecture, Programming & Interfacing, Machine instructions & addressing modes, ALU & data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt & DMA mode), Instruction pipe-lining, Cache & main memory, Secondary storage

Programming and Data Structures : Programming in C/C++, Classes, Objects, Polymorphism, Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps, Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding

Algorithms : Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths, Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis, Design, Hashing, Sorting, Searching

Compiler Design : Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization, Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments

Operating Systems : Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, File-systems, I/O systems, Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization

Computer Networks : Congestion control, IP(V4) and its addressing schemes, TCP/UDP and sockets, Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, routers, ISO/OSI and TCP/IP stacks, Ethernet, Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms

Databases : Query languages ( SQL ), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control, ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?