24th November 2010, 10:08 AM
shiv27415

Syllabus of IES for IT Branch?

sir can u tell me about ies .i am student of (IT)b.tech final year .send me syllabus of ies of IT branch

29th November 2010, 11:38 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Syllabus of IES for IT Branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv27415 View Post
sir can u tell me about ies .i am student of (IT)b.tech final year .send me syllabus of ies of IT branch
Well shiv,

Don't worry as per as Educational Qualification Status of IES. It says Engineering Graduate with any Discipline are Eligibile For writing this Exam.

Being a IT student yes you are Eligible For it.

Syllabus: Your Core Subjects Like Signal Programming And operating System. Data Structure etc

Go For it.

Last edited by deep_4; 3rd February 2011 at 03:16 PM.
30th November 2010, 11:44 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: Syllabus of IES for IT Branch?

ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING PAPER

(For both objective and conventional type papers)

1. Materials and Components :
Structure and properties of Electrical Engineering materials; Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Super-conducting materials.
Passive components and characteristics Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.
2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs:
Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semiconductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETS; Basics of ICs - bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basic of Opto Electronics.

3. Signals and Systems
Classification of signals and systems: System modelling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier transforms and their application to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analysis and characterisation of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability, Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.

4. Network theory
Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen’s theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters. Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions : parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria : delay and rise time, Elmore’s and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

5. Electromagnetic Theory
Analysis of electrostatic and magnetostatic fields; Laplace’s and Poisson’s equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell’s equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines : basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

6. Electronic Measurements and instrumentation
Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working : analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, application. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc; basics of telemetry for industrial use.

All the best.
30th November 2010, 02:43 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Data structures and Algorithms: the notion of abstract data types, stack, queue, list, set, string, tree, binary search tree, heap, graph, tree and graph traversals, connected components, spanning trees, shortest paths, hashing, sorting, searching, design techniques (greedy, dynamic, divide and conquer, Algorithm design by induction), asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average cases) of time and space, upper and lower bounds, Basic concepts of complexity classes – P, NP, NP-hard, NP-complete.

Programming Methodology: Scope, binding, parameter passing, recursion, C programming – data types and declarations, assignment and control flow statements, 1-d and 2-d arrays, functions, pointers, concepts of object-oriented programming - classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, operator overloading.

Operating Systems (in the context of Unix): classical concepts (concurrency, synchronization, deadlock), processes, threads and interprocess communication, CPU scheduling, memory management, file systems, I/O systems, protection and security, shell programming.

Information Systems and Software Engineering: information gathering, requirement and feasibility analysis, data flow diagrams, process specifications, input/output design, process life cycle, planning and managing the project, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance.

Databases: E-R diagrams, relational model, database design, integrity constraints, normal forms, query languages (SQL), file structures (sequential, indexed), b-trees, transaction and concurrency control.

Data Communication and Networks: ISO/OSI stack, transmission media, data encoding, multiplexing, flow and error control, LAN technologies (Ethernet, token ring), network devices – switches, gateways, routers, ICMP, application layer protocols – SMTP, POP3, HTTP, DNS, FTP, Telnet, network security – basic concepts of public key and private key cryptography, digital signature, firewalls

Web technologies: Proxy, HTML, XML, basic concepts of cgi-bin programming.
6th January 2011, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Hi ,Dis is Jananiy,Did IT graduate is eligible for IES examination
9th January 2011, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

is this is correct?
11th January 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

hi dis is Nirmala IT STUDENTS R ELIGIBLE FOR IES XAMS
2nd February 2011, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

R CSE students eligible for the exams??plz reply soon
2nd February 2011, 05:41 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hi,

IT students are not eligible to appear for the IES exam.According the UPSC criteria, which conducts the IES exam, students of IT branch are not eligible for the IES exam.

Only students of the following branches can take IES exam as per the UPSC norms and criteria:

*Civil Engineering
*Mechanical Engineering
*Electrical Engineering
*Electronics and telecommunication Engineering.

I hope it is clear to you now!!
11th February 2011, 12:48 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hi,

Well its good that you are sitting for IES exam.I have attached syllabus for this exam.You need to refer GATE syllabus.Prepare well.
Attached Files
File Type: doc IES Syllabus ..doc(50.5 KB, 211 views)
11th February 2011, 01:38 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hi Nirmala,

Well the eligibility criteria is that you need to have a degree certificate in B.E from a recognized college or university or an equivalent qualification to it under the following course.
1.Electronics and telecommunication engineering
2.Electrical engineering
3.Mechanical engineering
4.Civil engineering.
11th February 2011, 01:40 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Well the eligibility criteria is that you need to have a degree certificate in B.E from a recognized college or university or an equivalent qualification to it under the following course.
1.Electronics and telecommunication engineering
2.Electrical engineering
3.Mechanical engineering
4.Civil engineering.
Therefore you are not eligible.Sorry to say but don't worry.You can sit for other exams related to your course.
15th February 2011, 11:33 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Syllabus of IES for IT Branch?

Well friend, As per as IES i.e Indian Engineering Service Exam concern ,

Other than these Branch People Civil Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Electrical Engineering,Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering are Not Eligible.

Being an IT student sorry to say but its a fact, You can try for other Exams Like GATE etc.

Therefore No syllabus are Meant For IT students.
4th April 2011, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
pls send me the sylabus for ies .
20th May 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I m BE in Information Technology . I dont know , I m eligible for IES in IT/CS Sector for Indian Engineering Services. can you give me confirm information about my eligibility in IES.

Regards
JP Yadav
3rd June 2011, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

sir
what is the
jobs avilable in IES FOR IT students
21st July 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

When ece people opt for s/w fields why can't it people opt for i.e.s
3rd August 2011, 11:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs down Re: Syllabus of IES for IT Branch?

Quote:
IES is a exam conducted for candidates to be recruited in Indian Government Engineering organizations.

You cannot apply for the IES exam with b.tech as the candidates who have finished their degree in engineering and that to they they must have completed in departments:

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering,
Electrical Engineering
Electronics Engineering.
5th December 2011, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, i have completed my UG (B.TECH) in Information Technology. now persuing M.Tech final year in stream Software Engg..
am i eligible to write IES??? Iff then please tell me the syllabus...
15th March 2012, 07:41 AM
kaveribiswas

Don't worry as per as Educational Qualification Status of IES. It says Engineering Graduate with any Discipline are Eligibile For writing this Exam.

Being a IT student yes you are Eligible For it.

Syllabus: Your Core Subjects Like Signal Programming And operating System. Data Structure etc

good luck...............
24th April 2012, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

i'm studying b.tech 3rd year(IT) plz send me syllabus for ies
mail id [email protected]
12th January 2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

i'm studying b.e 4th year(IT) plz send me syllabus for ies
28th May 2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Tech(IT) plz send me syllabus for ies
11th June 2013, 03:58 AM
Unregistered

can u suggest me the job oppertunity in IT sector by IES along with proper syllabus ???
28th January 2014, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Now i'm studying B.TECH(IT) final year..if any chance to write IES exam.. then plz send me syllabus for IES ..Mail id:[email protected]
4th March 2015, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me if IES is meant for IT graduates as well? ASAP
4th April 2015, 12:07 AM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Please find the attachment for IES syllabus for IT branch.
Attached Files
File Type: docx IES.IT.docx(12.0 KB, 69 views)
3rd January 2016, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

I am Umesh Kumar(information tech.) 3rd year student send please IES sybll.in mail [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?