2nd February 2011, 11:10 AM
k.GURU PRASATH

Eligibility for IES after B.Tech (IT)? Is IT syllabus going to be added to IES syllabus?

sir,
Iam studying B.TECH(IT)1ST year am i eligible for IES EXAMS and is there is any chance that IT SYLLABUS is to be added in IES syllabus within upcoming three years,

2nd February 2011, 05:07 PM
mychandru024

Default Re: Eligibility for IES after B.Tech (IT)? Is IT syllabus going to be added to IES syllabus?

Yes, you are eligible to write IES exam.Hope it will be added...
2nd February 2011, 06:38 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility for IES after B.Tech (IT)? Is IT syllabus going to be added to IES syllabus?

Hi,

Unfortunately, you are not eligible to take the IES exam according to UPSC criteria.
There is no IES exam for IT students today or in the near future.
Only students of the following branches can take IES exam:

*Civil Engineering
*Mechanical Engineering
*Electrical Engineering
*Electronics and telecommunication Engineering.
2nd February 2011, 07:28 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Eligibility for IES after B.Tech (IT)? Is IT syllabus going to be added to IES syllabus?

Here by providing you the overview of IES exam, so that you will be easy for you to get some knowledge about IES exam.

IES exam is conducted By UPSC Government of India.It is having an Exam once in a year.

Eligibility & age limits:-

Any Graduate Can write IES i.e Indian Engineering Services and For writing the only criteria
you must satisfy is you should be between 21 years of Age to 30 years of Age.

how many times you can Write the IES ??

It seems it is relaxed for reserved categories.....
And for OBC it is 7 times.
And for SC/ST it is 9 times.
But A Gen category can attempt only 4 times.

How to apply for IES ??

Check or Keep tracking upsc.gov.in site for Notification because this site has full information regarding all the upsc Exam

For notification Purpose and Any other Details Refer:- www.upsc.gov.in

Good Luck.
2nd February 2011, 08:28 PM
mohit brh

Branch wise- The examination is conducted for the branches of Civil. Mechanical, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
Age limit- You need to be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August, 2011.

you can appear in exam but you will have to choose one subject from Civil. Mechanical, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
2nd February 2011, 08:34 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

No,am sorry to tell you that your not eligible for Indian Engineering Service(IES) as IES is only meant for the candidates from the following streams of Engineering

Mechanical,Electrical,Electronics and Telecommunication,Civil

I don't think IT stream is going to get added in IES.Its better that you saty updated to the news and notifications in the following site

http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd February 2011, 09:18 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
to write the ies exam you should be above 21 years of age and should have passed graduation or should be in the final year of your graduation ,
also let me tell you that there is no paper for it,there are only four subjects civil,mechanical,electrical and electronics and telecommunication,
if you are really interested in ies then you cam prepare in of these subjects and write the exam,
as you are in first year you can also try to slide to one among these branches if there is any chance ,
all the best
7th February 2011, 04:34 AM
Unregistered

You r eligible to write the exam if u can get the knowlege of one of these subjects. IT is not going to be added.
20th February 2011, 03:26 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.GURU PRASATH View Post
sir,
Iam studying B.TECH(IT)1ST year am i eligible for IES EXAMS and is there is any chance that IT SYLLABUS is to be added in IES syllabus within upcoming three years,
Hi,

I am sorry to inform you my friend, that IT students are not eligible for IES exam.
There is no information or any chances for now IT to be added for IES exam.
Only
Civil
Mechanical
Electrical
Electronics and telecommunication are eligible for IES exam...

Sorry, you are not eligible.. So better prepare for IAS exam.

Thanks...
20th March 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
sir,
Please tell me there is any option for CSE student to apply for IES exam
4th April 2011, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Can mca eligible for indian engineering services
23rd May 2011, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

please tell whether computer science students are eligible to the ies exam
25th May 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

hi i am student of i.t (bt.tech ) stream can i give ies exam
27th May 2011, 03:28 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
sir,
Hii,

As per govenment statement this year IT is also included in turm of computer science in the IES exam . and the syllabus it disclosed after add this branch in the exam ..

so just wait
31st May 2011, 04:43 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
sir,
Hiii,
as per the rule of IES this is not for us IT people cannot apply for that but gov issue some policy may be this year IT students also can apply so just wait the decision .

ankur
1st June 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I'm in ece 3rd year . which jobs are coming under IES exam & their pay scale & its syllabus
3rd June 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

tel me whether B.Tech-IT students r eligible to attend ............
5th August 2011, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

HOW MANY EXAME IN PUBLIC SECTOR FOR IT BRANCH?
6th August 2011, 01:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
sir,
dear friend,

B-TECH (IT) is not eligible for IES exam because

IES is eligible for given below department of engineering.

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

thanks
6th August 2011, 02:41 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
sir,
Sorry to say this you are not eligible to write examination.

Civil Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Electrical Engineering,Electronics and communication engineering

Because this stream candidates are eligible to write the examination.

So,you are not eligible to apply for this examination.

But don't worry you have a lot Opportunities in Government and Private Sectors and you can appear for Bank exams,Civil Service....etc.
6th August 2011, 06:24 PM
sg1991

The basic requirement to appear in IES examination conducted by UPSC is that you should have B. E. or B. Tech. degree in any branch or should be in the final year of your engineering. The age limit is 21 to 30 years. UPSC conducts IES examination in 4 branches-
*Mechanical Engineering
*Civil Engineering
*Electrical Engineering
*Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
You will have to choose which subject out of these 4 you want to give the test.
Since your branch is IT, the best option could be E&T. Prepare according to the syllabus of IES in these 4 branches.
As far as IT syllabus is concerned, it is less likely to be added in next 5 years.
2nd November 2011, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

How much % we need for mechanical engineering students (B.Tech) for appearing in IES?
20th May 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

hiii im studing b.tech 3rd year IT.can i write ies exam?am i eligible for ies exam?
29th December 2012, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

hi..does electronics engineering student is eligible for ies exam?
29th December 2012, 05:59 PM
obulasettylakshmi

no they not add the syllabus of IT course, because it is central govarnament department.k
29th December 2012, 09:52 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

The eligibility criteria for IES exam is as follows:

The candidate must have passed or its equivalent in the following engineering courses:

Electrical Engineering

Electronics and Communication Engineering

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

The age limit for the exam is as follows:

Not less than 21 years of age and not more than 30 years.

There is relaxation of age as per government rules.

Thank you,

All the best.
30th December 2012, 12:24 PM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,
IES stands for Indian Engineering Service.
You can apply fot IES if following requirements are satisfied :

Eligibility :

**The candidate must have passed or its equivalent in the following engineering courses:

-Electrical Engineering

-Electronics and Communication Engineering

-Civil Engineering

-Mechanical Engineering

Age limit :

For general candidate : 21 to 30 years
For OBC candidates :21 to 33 years
For SC?ST candidate : 21 to 35 years.

umang_28

16th June 2016, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I am Dhiraj Ramteke from second year engg(IT).sir my ? Is that why IT engineer do not allow for IES .can anybody explain the answer of this question in detail.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?