20th August 2013, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for IES in civil branch?

Sir,i am 1st year BE student in civil branch.pleas suggest me, how can i start preparation of IES at this stage?

14th July 2015, 08:07 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IES in civil branch?

IES means Indian Engineering Services. It is also called Engineering Services examination. Union Public Service Commission conducts this entrance examination and from my point of view this is one of the best entrance exams for engineers to get good government job with lots of opportunities.

Eligibility criteria for IES:

Candidate who has done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university can apply for the exam. Even final year candidates can apply for this exam. Candidate can give exam only in four streams:

>>Civil Engineering.

>>Mechanical Engineering.

>>Electrical Engineering.

>>Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

The age limit is 21-30 years with three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Examination pattern:

First general ability test is conducted. After that there are two objective papers of 200 marks from core stream of engineering. On the third day, two conventional papers from your stream is conducted.

Preparation Strategy:

Its good that you have decided to prepare for this exam from first year of engineering. The first paper is general ability test. So you must start working on the general studies and awareness.

Read daily newspapers, current affairs. Refer to the NCERT books of science and social studies for History, Geography, Civics and Economics from 6th to 10+2.

After you must make proper notes of core subjects of engineering so that you can excel in objective and conventional papers of engineering. Refer to the best reference books for your stream. Do proper revision at regular interval.

See the previous years papers and analyze what type of questions are actually asked in exam. If you cannot do self preparation, you can join coaching after second year of engineering like MADE EASY, known to be the best for IES.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?