1st August 2015, 11:39 AM
ashitoshmane

Is tattoo on the body part allowed to get a job in Indian railway and air force?

Is tattoo on the body part allowed to get a job in Indian railway and air force? Will there be a problem if so? Is it also asked under the eligibility criteria? Can someone please let me know the information on the same as soon as possible? Thank you!

1st August 2015, 05:20 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is tattoo on the body part allowed to get a job in Indian railway and air force?

# As per existing rules the candidates with permanent tattoos on their body are not taken into consideration for recruitment as soldiers into the defence forces.

# Only small sizes tattoos on the hand and elbows are permitted to some extent. Tattoos on other parts of the body are strictly prohibited.

# The army rules ban having a permanent tattoo of more than one square inch in size.

# The army says permanent tattoos are health hazards:

* Tattoo increase the risk of contracting HIV and other infections.
* Increase the risk of skin cancer or other skin diseases.

# Now-a-days, many corporate houses think twice while the recruitment of tattooed persons because of the general impression that they won't be serious enough with their work.

# If you serious in joining Indian defence forces, then you have to go for removing any such tattoo from your body parts first of all. In this regard, you should consult any qualified doctor.
1st August 2015, 08:13 PM
NAVEEN GOWTHAM
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is tattoo on the body part allowed to get a job in Indian railway and air force?

No the tattoos in body parts like wrist are not allowed in some of the government defence jobs such as air force and railways . but some of the tattoos in neck, shoulder, and any other parts which are not seen by others can be hided. the most thing that they are on fear about tattoo is it will cause some blood borne disease like HIV and etc .
1st August 2015, 10:31 PM
mahetuty
Member+

hello,
According by Indian defence rules, the candidates are strictly banned recruitment as soldiers into the defence forces for candidates having permanent tattoos on their body. In anywhere of body tattoos are not allowed except arms only is allowed. The indian armed forces says for the reason for banning, tattoos are health hazard, it will be the route for skin diseases. So if you want to join defence side you can't have tattoos.
2nd August 2015, 10:16 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Candidates with permanent tattoos in the body are not allowed in the Defence jobs such as in Indian Air Force,Indian Military and Indian Navy.
Small tattoos are allowed for the candidates.
In railway department ,for official works tattos does not matter much as they donot hold physical test of candidate.
So, if you have tattoos in your body then do not think about defence jobs .
You can make carrier in other field .
13th January 2016, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

I have 3 tattoos on my right hands wrist... and I want to join indian railways.. so is it possible for me .? all the tattoo are of 10 sq inch..
13th March 2016, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical engineer and have tattoo on my neck and on my arm.I can hide my arm tattoo but i dont think i can hide the neck one.Can i get a government job ? And i dont want to go for army and navy instead of this any government job is all i want
13th March 2016, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

I have tattoo on my arm and neck....i can hide the arm tattoo but cant hide the neck one.Can i get government job in mechanical engineering stream?
21st March 2016, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I need to in my left hand I had a tatoo of letter D if I eligible for si selection
26th March 2016, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

i have tattoo on my back of neck but it can hide totally when i wear shirt by this condition can i get job in indian railway
9th June 2016, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

i have tattoo on my right hand wrist..could some one please sugeest me I am eligible to apply for ASM / Goods guard position
24th June 2016, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

I have tattoo in my right arm between of palm and elbow actually my tattoo is little big a angel tattoo and a name .so can i get any govt job or not
29th November 2016, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

I have a small religious tattoo in reserve side of palm is it allowed in government jobs as well as in private sector jobs?
9th February 2017, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

I have a small 2-3 inch butterfly tattoo near thumb on left hand ....I can join indian railway please tell?
13th June 2019, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

I have tattoo on my hand whether it is allowed for RRB NTPC Exam
14th June 2019, 12:08 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

No the tattoos in body parts like wrist are not allowed in some of the government defence jobs such as air force and railways.

According to the army's recently released tattoo policy which came into effect from May 11, 2015, body inscriptions are only permitted on the forearms, and only those from the tribal community will be allowed to sport full-blown tattoos.
4th April 2020, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

I have tattoo of my mother name in my left elbow hand can i join in indian railway posting loco pilot please tell me can i join or not... Is allowed in indian railways
18th June 2020, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

I have tattoo in my left arms than can I eligible for RRB NTPC or APL railway job
27th August 2020, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

I have 3 tattoos on left hand. So I will be allowed for railway job are not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?