6th November 2017, 12:41 PM
Priya.kella

Is there any chance to do journalism and mass communication course along with B.Tech?

Hello Sir/Mam, I'm Priya and I'm studying B-TECH (Electronics and communication engineering) 2nd-year course. I'm here to address my question that I wanna do journalism and mass communication course through distance or normal along with my B.Tech course. Is there any chance to do like that sir??? Hope you'll reply as early as possible to my question. Thanking you sir.

Related Questions:
  1. Which degree course I should opt for to go for Journalism in future?
  2. Colleges in Pune for 1 year B.Ed course?
  3. Admission for M.Tech after passing GATE with 70%? Names of the government colleges in Pune and Mumbai?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria required to join journalism after completion of B.Com course?
  5. Which course to choose after graduation to become a Journalist?
  6. Can I pursue special honours in journalism and mass communication in Calcutta university after graduation?
  7. Qualification required to be a Journalist?
  8. Colleges for Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication or Journalism or Journalism or Mass Communication? How to prepare for their entrance exams and what are the syllabus?
  9. Is there any chance to do journalism and mass communication course along with B.Tech?
  10. Steps to become a Journalist for 8th standard student? -- [New]
  11. Cutoff of BDS colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai? List of medical government colleges and government aided colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai?
  12. Which college should I prefer to have a career as Journalist?
  13. How to do master in journalism and mass communication?
  14. Fee Structure for MBBS in various colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  16. Can I study M.E or MBA after completion of UG course?
  17. Requirements to pursue Masters course in Mass Communications and Journalism being a candidate of pursuing Bachelors course in Mass Communication and Journalism?
  18. Detailed information and benefits of studying Master's in Mass Communication, Advertising and Journalism course?
7th November 2017, 01:58 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any chance to do journalism and mass communication course along with B.Tech?

No, you cannot study journalism and mass communication along with B.Tech. The full details are given below.

BJMS (Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication) course is graduation level degree. The educational qualification required is 10+2 in any stream from any recognised board.

MJMS (Masters of Journalism and Mass Communication) course is a masters level degree. The educational qualification required is graduation level degree in any discipline from any recognised university.

Since this courses are full time courses you cannot study along with B.Tech. But you can study this course after completing graduation degree.
7th November 2017, 10:12 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there any chance to do journalism and mass communication course along with B.Tech?

No, you cannot pursue two courses at the same year.
You can apply for b.ed after the completion of b.tech.
If you don't want to do b.tech than you can easily switch to b.ed .

Through b.tech you will get a Technical job. As well as with b.ed degree you will become a teacher in a government school.
8th November 2017, 12:29 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

According to the eligibility criteria you are not eligible to pursue both BTech and journalism course simultaneously. These two are full time courses hence cannot be studied along with each other. You can choose one at a time either BTech or Journalism and Mass Communication degree courses.
Personally according to me you should go for Bachelor of Technology because nowadays it is in more demand and you can also go with your interest if you are having interest in generalism then you can go in that also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?