20th January 2018, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Which course to choose after graduation to become a Journalist?

I have completed my graduation last year in BCA, now I want to become a journalist so please guide a course, college and procedure for the same? Would be really great if you can provide me with the suggestion soon as possible. Thank you!

21st January 2018, 03:08 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to choose after graduation to become a Journalist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my graduation last year in BCA, now I want to become a journalist so please guide a course, college and procedure for the same? Would be really great if you can provide me with the suggestion soon as possible. Thank you!

Candidates can choose the MA Journalism and Mass Communication course to become a journalist after completion of graduation. Candidates with graduation in any discipline are eligible to apply for the MA Journalism and Mass Communication course. Admission to the MA Journalism and Mass Communication course is done through an entrance examination and interview in some colleges. Candidates with good communication skills and creativity are preferred for the journalist profession. Duration of the MA Journalism and Mass Communication course is two years. MA Journalism and Mass Communication course is available in various colleges in India.
21st January 2018, 03:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IIMC conducts entrance exam for admission in PG diploma course in mass communication and journalism. You can appear for such entrance exam and get admission.

IIMC being the best institute to study journalism, will definitely be the best option for you, if you can quality the entrance exam.
21st January 2018, 05:09 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification to become a Journalist is 12th standard. As you have completed your graduation in BCA, so now you can apply for post graduation in Mass Communication. You should have completed your BCA with good marks from a recognized college/university. You can look for the best universities where you can apply for PG Mass Communication. Most of the reputed universities conduct an entrance examination to select the eligible candidates. So, after qualifying the examination you can start the course.
21st January 2018, 06:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You should choose BA in a journalist. It is Bachelors Degree Course. The duration of this course is 3 years.

Eligibility Criteria:-

You should have passed 12th from a recognised board with 55% marks.

Some reputed colleges contacts entrance exam to choose candidates for getting admission.

List of some collages:-

Mudra Institute of Communication

Asian College of Journalism

Times School of Journalism

Xavier Institute of Communication

Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?