28th September 2012, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Is there any eligibility criteria to join M.Tech in IIT? I have scored 55% in B.E

am ramaprasad ....am sc category candidate...i got only 55% in BE.is there any eligiblity CRETIRIA for joining for m-tech in IIT......

22nd March 2013, 03:53 PM
bpraveen b

Default Re: Is there any eligibility criteria to join M.Tech in IIT? I have scored 55% in B.E

yes, IIT's colleges select cabdidates based on GATE score & You have to give GATE Exam if you want study in IIT'S and score shoud be high,
GATE exam is very tough exam So Study hard to face GATE exam & score Well

ALL THE BEST!

22nd March 2013, 09:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any eligibility criteria to join M.Tech in IIT? I have scored 55% in B.E

The only way to get admission in M.Tech from IIT you have to qualify GATE with a top rank.

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering conducted by IITs for admission into M.Tech course.

So if you want to get admission in M.Tech from IIT then start preparing for GATE because there is no other way of joining IIT.

Engineering Graduates can apply for GATE and they have to choose stream according to their field of Engineering.

For more information Click here
23rd March 2013, 12:09 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Lightbulb Re: Is there any eligibility criteria to join M.Tech in IIT? I have scored 55% in B.E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am ramaprasad ....am sc category candidate...i got only 55% in BE.is there any eligiblity CRETIRIA for joining for m-tech in IIT......

Hello ,

As for now if you want to get into Indian Institute of technology then, you have to write an exam known as GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERING, This test will help you to bring into IITs no matter what your b.e. score or percentage is.

Let us see some more depth about this exam:-

What is GATE exam?

As you know, GATE exam is kind of entrance test done to check your proficiency in engineering, where any graduate of engineering branch can apply for this.Previously, 3rd year students are also allowed to write but not now, and they have restricted to final years and passed out only.

GATE exam is conducted by the seven IITs and IIsc on behalf of MHRD, India.

WHAT can you do???

There is no limit for how many attempts you want to do, normally many freshers can also crack this exam easily if proper guidance and materials are given.

Some of the best coaching centres for this are:-

GATE ACADEMY

MADE EASY

ACE ACADEMY

GATE FORUM

INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERS

>>So, apply for this exam, if you can get a good score of more than 600+ out of 1000, then there is obviously chance of getting into IITs, at least NITs too. All the best, buddy!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?