25th March 2011, 01:12 AM
Nishu pawar

Is there any possibility of joining Army as a Medical Officer?

Sir,
i am doing bams and want to join army. Is there any possibility of joining Army as a Medical Officer?

27th March 2011, 07:53 PM
tannu90

Default Re: Is there any possibility of joining Army as a Medical Officer?

About the Indian Army: It is one of the supreme forces of our Nation. It has been safeguarding us from a very long time. It is highly commendable for its great work for the country and serving its people with shear responsibility and enthusiasm.

Job profile: As a medical officer the candidates will be required to take care of the casualties. They will be required to take charge in cases of emergency and also to safeguard our soldiers.

Eligibility: A candidate must be an Indian citizen. The age of a candidate must not exceed 45 years

Educational Qualifications: A candidate must possess medical qualification included in 1st/2nd Schedule or Part II of the 3rd Schedule of IMC act 1956. PG holders (MD/MS/MCh/DM) may also apply. A candidate must have passed his/her MBBS in first/second attempt. A candidate must have completed his/her internship.

Pay scale: On commissioning in the Armed Forces Medical Services will be granted the post of Captain in the scale of Rs15600-39100 + a grade pay of Rs6100 + military pay and other usual allowances will be given.

Selection procedure: The candidates will be selected on merit basis. A candidate will be called for an interview by a Board of Officers in the month on November 2009 at Army Hospital in New Delhi.

for more details visit

www.indianarmy.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?