22nd May 2015, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Is there any problem in IPS Medical test if there in rod in left leg?

Sir there is a rod in left leg cause of road accident. Please tell me is there any problem for applying in ips because of this rod ? About ips medical test

23rd May 2015, 05:13 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any problem in IPS Medical test if there in rod in left leg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir there is a rod in left leg cause of road accident. Please tell me is there any problem for applying in ips because of this rod ? About ips medical test
Yeah there is a problem for you to join in IPS, with having a rod on your left leg which makes you ineligible as regarding the Medical test for joining in as a IPS officer.

IPS (Indian Police Service) is one of the civil service posts and for joining in this candidate need to write the civil exams conducted by UPSC every year. There are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied by the candidate in order to apply for the exam which includes nationality, age limit, educational qualification and physical standard.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IPS exam. For the IPS Exam candidates are selected through:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Interview
  • Medical Test

You are ineligible, for applying with having a rod on your left leg.

For more information check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th May 2015, 01:07 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any problem in IPS Medical test if there in rod in left leg?

This is serious issue that you have rod in left leg due to road accident.

# Please note that it is required that candidate must be perfectly physically and medically fit in all respects.

# Candidate must not have any orthopaedically or bodily defect.

# An IPS officer is required to perform well physically. Aspirant of IPS officer must be able to running, long running, high jump, long jump, rope climbing, push-ups etc. But due to rod in your left leg will not permit you perform such activities effectively.

# You are not eligible for IPS officer. I have full sympathy with you. It is sudden blow on your dream.

# You are advised to make your career in other field. You can apply for banking examinations, SSC Examinations, LIC Examination and many more examinations.
24th May 2015, 08:57 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

It all depends on your performance during your fitness test. If you are still fit after having a rod in your leg and you do your task properly then there is a chance of being selected for further round. But still I would advise you to confirm first about this via email to UPSC incharge they can surely tell you the exact answer that you are looking for.

24th May 2015, 09:02 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Yes ,it would seems to be problem.

As IPS itself has criteria that the aspirants has to be mentally and phydically fit and fine.

Aspirants should be free from diseases or infection.

Eventhough you had cleared civil service preliminary test and civil service main exam,but during medical test you will be disqualified.

IPS job is not done by sitting on chairs in cabin. IPS had to deal with crime,arrest criminals,fight against crime,deals with psychological criminals. They has to be alert all the time 24hours..
25th April 2016, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am very passinate about ips officer since my childhood so two years back i met wid an accident so i lost my nail bed part (upto nail bed ) in right leg second finger so please tell i will be elgible for ips Exam or not it my dream as well
16th September 2017, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

I had a rod in left hand but it was outed . And I easily do push up's and other physical work but the stitches marks had not gone so there is any problem in ips .And also I have ncc 'c' certificate.
31st March 2018, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

If any problem in medical test for IPS. I have stitching mark in my right hand,but iam possible to lift or write,,,
6th July 2018, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir my fingers shakes slowly when only i raise my fingers. Not like tremors or shaky hands. Not shakes when relax.
10th July 2019, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir my right leg is slightly thinner then left leg due to a surgery at time of my birth in 1996 but i don't have problem in running, sports and weight lifting so would i be eligible for IPS medical test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?