15th March 2012, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

What kind of medical fitness is required for IPS exam? Will I be able to clear the medical test if I am asthamatic and have a pegion chest?

I want to know what kind of medical fitness is required for IPS. Like I am asthamatic and I have pigion chest. So will I be able to clear the medical.

15th March 2012, 06:21 AM
anlakshmi

Default Re: What kind of medical fitness is required for IPS exam? Will I be able to clear the medical test if I am asthamatic and have a pegion chest?

Hello, friend...

• You are interested to join in the IPS, and you want How to attempt for IPS Exam, you don't worry i am providing the, required qualifications and more information;.......

• This is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and the examination is divided in to three successive stages.
1. The Preliminary Examination and
2. The Main Examination.
3. Interview

Eligibility IPS exam:

• Age should be 21 years (minimum) and 30 years (maximum). SC/ST/OBC and ex-servicemen are given exemption of 3 to 5 years in maximum age limit.
• The student must be a degree holder of any recognized university.
• The final year degree students are also applying for the examination.
• Who have completed their M.B.B.S.,can also apply.

Physical qualification for IPS:

Height:

• For male should be 165cm and female should be 150cm for general category candidates.
• In the case of under SC/ST/OBC the height required is 160cm for male and 145cm for female.

Chest:

• Minimum male candidates are 84cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm.
• In the case of female candidates the minimum requirement is 79cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm.

Eye sight:

• 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. Near vision for worse eye is J2 and for good eye is J1.
• The physical standards are weekly run for 10kms in 60 minutes.

Preliminary Examination:

• In this have multiple choice questions and this is also a qualifying for second exam.

Main Examination:

• In this you have a written exam and an interview.

No of attempts:

• General category 4 times,
• OBC 7 times
• SC/ST no limit.

Syllabus for IPS Exam:

The examination is conducted in three stages,

• Preliminary examination,
• Main examination and
• Interview.

The preliminary examination is divided into two papers they are general studies and optional subject.

• Follow link:http://ips-exam.com/syllabus-for-ips-exam/#more-21

All the best.
15th March 2012, 10:10 AM
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What kind of medical fitness is required for IPS exam? Will I be able to clear the medical test if I am asthamatic and have a pegion chest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know what kind of medical fitness is required for IPS. Like I am asthamatic and I have pigion chest. So will I be able to clear the medical.
Indian Police Service

IPS is the premier and apex police service of the country. The recruitment for this service is made by the Union Government. Every year around 100 vacancies are filled up by the Government through a combined competitive examination known as Civil Service Examination. This examination is aimed at recommending the selection of candidates for the IPS, in addition to other all India and Central Civil Services. Depending on the choice exercised by a candidate and ranking in the order of merit, candidates are selected for the IPS.

Eligibility Criteria

Age Limit :
21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit
Minimum Physical Fitness :
The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes
> Weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes
> Route march for 25 k.m. UAC,
> Horse riding
> Rock climbing
> Assault course
> PT obstacles
> Rope climbing
PS : ▬► A candidate must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties as an officer of the service

▬► With Regard to above Criteria, an Asthamatic May Qualify But a Pigion Chest May not!!!

Services are divided into :

Technical

Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization.

Non-technical

Coming to the technical Services, Let me tell you that the Medical standards for Technical Services are stringent.

Medical Fitness Required for IPS

▬► Height

Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

▬► Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm ; Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Note: (Those can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)
Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.

▬► Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only.

▬► High standard for the Colour-blind test.

▬► No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

▬► Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

▬► Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

▬► Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

▬►Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Exam Date : Prelim in 1st week of May & Mains in 2nd week of Oct

Note : A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.

For Detailed Information Regarding IPS, Check out the Below Attachment!!!

Regards,

Team Nik
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IPS Detailed Info.pdf(50.7 KB, 775 views)
15th March 2012, 11:21 AM
piki05

Default Re: What kind of medical fitness is required for IPS exam? Will I be able to clear the medical test if I am asthamatic and have a pegion chest?

Physical Fitness for IPS :-

1.Height :-

-->For Male>>>165 Cms.

-->For Female>>150Cms.

2.Weight is 50Kgs.

3.Chest :-

-->For Male>>>84cms.

-->For Female>>79cms.

-->Expansion is 5 Cms.
Selection Process :-

1.Preliminary exam

2.Mains exam

3.Interview

Eligibility Criteria for IPS :-

-->You should be a Graduate.

-->Age limit is 21 to 30years.

-->You must be a Indian Citizen,

prepare well

For further details www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.........
15th March 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

i had a operation in my stomac before 8 year , , can i eligible for medical test in IPS Exam... plz snd me [email protected]
15th March 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

i want 12 th class solved question paper for economics.
1st May 2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

can i take steroids while doing ips and did steroids make trouble to become an ips because i hear somewhere that in medical test if they found steoids in my blood they cant take me in?plz cn u help me out?
22nd May 2012, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

I think I'm gradually losing my hearing..bt I 've thought for hearing aids..can I qualify IPS exam?
6th June 2012, 07:30 AM
Unregistered

I ws rejectd aftr qualfying ssb 3 times,due to cardiac murmur.....wil the same be a problem for ips?
11th June 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

i have colour blind ness...am i eligible for ips if not any alternate solution for my problem. my aim is to become ips its my life goal.so plz give me any solution to become ips.
16th July 2012, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum marks needed for ips regarding ias
17th July 2012, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

i have an ectopic kidney am i elegible for ips ?
21st November 2012, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for upsc exam? then what are all things to study?
30th November 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Is Candidates having sexual problem are eligible for civil Services exam?
1st December 2012, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

there is vaccancy in F.C.I for clerk duties if yes then when.
4th December 2012, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

sir my hand is broken in 7years old so my hand is lighdly bend.can i eligible for ips exam and physical test.plz send msg to [email protected]
5th December 2012, 03:46 PM
ZP KD

Medical fitness is required : -

Height

Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm ; Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Note: (Those can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)
Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only.

High standard for the Colour-blind test.
5th December 2012, 08:55 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IPS Exam Medical Fitness Details :

Male :

Height : 165 cm for General , 160cm for SC/ST & OBC
Chest : 84 cm Expansion 5 cm

Female :

Height : 150 cm for General , 145cm for SC/ST & OBC
Chest : 79 cm Expansion 5 cm

Eye Sight :

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye
6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye
Near vision J1 for Good eye
J2 for worst eye

High standard for the Colour blind test
No inherent night blindness

Blood Pressure :

Age = Pressure

23 = 123
24 = 124
25 = 124
28 = 124
30 = 125
32 = 126
34 = 127

Physical Fitness :

Weekly run for 10 KM in 60 min
Route march for 25 Km
Horse Riding
Rock Riding
Assault Course
PT Obstacles
Rope Climbing

5th December 2012, 11:01 PM
LUCKY 4

HELLO FRIEND.........

Medical fitness is required : -

Height : -Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm ; Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!()()()
10th December 2012, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

My lens power is -3.5d,am i eligible for cbi sub inspector post,please help me..
13th December 2012, 12:21 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend......

IPS stands for Indian Police Service Commission. This exam conduct by the UPSC once in a Year.

Medical Fitness:

Eligibility:

All the best..........
16th April 2013, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i have one doght that in my child hood my hand broke and my hand now some what bend can i eligible for the IPS?
4th January 2014, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,i have no medical prblm except one i have plural effusion in my left lungs 2 years ago....bt it was succesfully diagnosised nd now i am in just normal condition nd have normal breathing...bt in ips medical examination chest x-ray should be taken....so,my qstn is dat, does my chest x-ray might be an issue in the medical exam of ips???? plz plz plz rply....
15th January 2014, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/ Madam,

I am in 11th std presently. I am planning to became an IAS Officer. I want to prepare from now itself so that it will be easy for me in future. Can you please tell me the names of books that I should refer to prepare myself.
Reply as soon as possible.

Thanking You,

Best Regards,
Simran.
15th October 2014, 07:32 AM
Unregistered

respected sir / madam

i am preparing for IPS but have a problems (Piles) for last five years, can i join ips.
if i operation that problem
please suggest me

thanks

santosh shah
[email protected]
7th March 2016, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

I had a operation in my leg 5 yrs back for bone fracture.. Do I have the eligibility to attend medical test? Please reply [email protected]
20th May 2016, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

i am having a very poor eyesight. i am wearing glasses since 5 yrs of age. i want to be an IPS officer. will it stop me in medicinal test? what should i do
27th June 2019, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

I have diabetes so they will select me or reject me??
10th November 2019, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,I have some problem in my nose ,I breathe properly,l and i don't face problem but some i have problem in nose bone. So i am eligible or not for IPS ...PLZ ANSWER ME SIR
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?