4th September 2011, 05:25 PM
Sappa Uma Shankar

If I had undergone surgery in my left leg am I eligible to apply for NDA?

Im a resident of Vizag i had undergone a surgery to my left leg can i apply for NDA

5th September 2011, 04:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I had undergone surgery in my left leg am I eligible to apply for NDA?

Since you have not mentioned the purpose of the surgery it is not possible to say surely whether you are eligible or not. There will be physical fitness round. This is after you clear the entrance exam. So at that point you need to prove that you are fit to undergo the training. If you are unable to do the same then you must not apply for the test.
5th September 2011, 11:52 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I had undergone surgery in my left leg am I eligible to apply for NDA?

Dear Friend

There is no such rule that if somebody has/had undergone a surgery then he/she
will be eligible/not eligible for the exam.

It is decide only at the time of SSB that you are fit for the service or not.

This is because if you have completely recovered after the surgery and it is
guaranteed that there will be no effect of the surgery on your health in future
then you can surely pass the Medical Fitness Test.

So it is completely dependent on your present situation and future effects.

If you explain in detail about the injury, type of surgery etc to a doctor then
you will get your complete answer.
6th September 2011, 12:05 AM
vijendradutt

Dear friend,
Good to hear that you have interest to go for NDA but there are certain limitations for it,which are as follows:
1. you must be physically fit for the training purpose
2.height for male candidate is minimum 157 cms & related weight
& for female candidates is minimum152 cms & related weight
3.Eyesight:-6/24 correct to 6/6
4. good chest is required and minimum 5cms of expansion is there.

So,its a clear vision that for training purpose you have to be fit.
best of luck.....
6th September 2011, 12:09 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear in NDA there is one other medical test at the time of your SSB if you will cross that round then you will not face any problem so there no problem at time of applying for the NDA but keep it in mind you should be fit before your SSB ok .
best of luck
6th September 2011, 12:14 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: If I had undergone surgery in my left leg am I eligible to apply for NDA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappa Uma Shankar View Post
Im a resident of Vizag i had undergone a surgery to my left leg can i apply for NDA
Physical Fitness Requirements for NDA

It all depends on how you perform during your fitness test..if you are fit and are able to perform all the tasks properly..then you are eligible..

here are some details which might help you in solving your query a bit..

(a) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely in interfere with the efficient performance of military duties.

(b) There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or under weight. The candidate should not be overweight or obese.

(c) The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. (162.5 cms for Air Force)

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
6th September 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

what is the qualification to attend KAS
6th September 2011, 10:16 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Dear friend,

it is good that you have undergone surgery and tried to rectify an ailments .you are also eligible to apply for nda unless and untill the surgery in your leg doesn’t act as a hurdle during your medical test…

-candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to national defence academy and naval academy examination as per rules given :

1.candidates are advised to rectify minor defects/ailments in order to speed up finalisation of medical examination conducted at the military hospital after being recommended at the ssb. The undermentioned ailments are considered, common minor ailments :

Wax (ears), deviated nasal septum, hydrocele/phimosis, overweight/underweight, under sized chest, piles, gynaecomastia, tonsillitis, varicocele

2. A candidate recommended by the services selection board will undergo a medical examination by a board of service medical officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the medical board. The proceedings of the medical board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However the candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the president of the medical board and the procedure for request for an appeal medical board will also be intimated to the candidate.

Candidates declared unfit during appeal medical board will be intimated about the provision of review medical board.

(a) the candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely in interfere with the efficient performance of military duties.

(b) there should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or under weight. The candidate should not be overweight or obese.

(c) the minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. (162.5 cms for air force) f

-on account of lower age of nda candidates, a margin of upto 5.0 cm. In height, 2.5 cm. In leg length (minimum) and 1.0 cm

-chest should be well developed. Fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms. X-ray of the chest is compulsory and will be taken to rule out any disease of the chest.

There should be no mal-development or impairment of function of the bones or joint.

All the best…
3rd November 2012, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

My right leg's tib-fib was broken in some accident and i'm undergone a surgury and a rod was placed in my leg.i just want to know that is it a serious threat for me to join indian army.
21st October 2013, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

i got surgery for gynecomastia in chest am i eligible for IPS exam
4th April 2014, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

i have done an appentite operation and my mark in 12th standard is just 45% am i elligible are not
6th March 2016, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i have an extra bone grown down my collar bone.however it doesn't affects my performance but still i consulted an orthopedist and he asked for a surgery.
Please tell me a i eligible for nda airforce.
30th December 2016, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

I am now 19 years old. On 1st dec 2016 in accident my leg is fractured on 2 places. There are 2 rods in my legs which i will remove after recovery. Am i eligible for CDS. Is there any medical issue regarding it. plz tell me.
7th February 2019, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Sir,I'm 16 years old.my right foot is a bit shorter in length and a bit bigger in size.but I don't have any problem with it.but my confusion is can I join Indian army?
Can I join Indian army
Please answer sir
21st November 2019, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

I have surgey on right leg 2year ago but now i am fit. Am i applicabe for up si
8th January 2021, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

I had an accident about 5 yrs ago, my fibula was cracked and some of my calf muscles were damaged , i have fully recovered and there is no effect now, can i pass SSB medical test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?