19th September 2013, 10:06 PM
sachchidanand pandey

Is there any scope in defence service? I am a student of B.Tech civil engineering final year

I am a student of B.tech civil engg. final year.Is there any scope in defense service for this trade in the year of 2014-15?What are the eligibility required?

Related Questions:
2nd July 2015, 07:44 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any scope in defence service? I am a student of B.Tech civil engineering final year

Yes there is the scope for you in the Indian Defense Services but for that you will have to clear the Combined Defense Services ( CDS ) examination.

The CDS examinations are held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year in two stages which are Written examination and Service Selection Board Interview respectively. It has four wings which are as here under :-

* Indian Naval Academy.

* Indian Air force Academy.

* Indian Military Academy.

* Officer's Training Academy.

For this examination the necessary qualifications required are as here under:-

You must have the nationality of India.

The lower age limit for all the four wings are 19 years but the upper age limit differs as 22 years for the INA, 23 years for the AFA, 24 years for the IMA and 25 years for the OTA.

Minimum academic qualification required to appear for this is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

For INA and AFA, mathematics and physics is compulsory at the 10+2 and bachelor's degree level.

If you have any more query about this exam, you can log on to the official website of UPSC which conducts this exam www.upsc.gov.in

As you have done bachelor's degree in engineering, you can also apply for the Air Force Common Admission Test. For more details visit www.careerairforce.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?