24th August 2013, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Military Engineering service? I am a final year engineering student

sir, i am final year engineering student, doing my bachalor of engineering in civil engineering. i like to join military engineering service.what all stage i need to clear to get into mes

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to join Military Engineering Service after passing Bachelor of Engineering?
  2. Are final year Environmental Engineering students eligible for Engineering Service Exam conducted by UPSC?
  3. When to get forms for Railway Mail Service Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Engineering in IT?
  4. How can I join Military being Diploma student and junior under officer in NCC?
  5. How to join in any automobile core company while n final year Automobile engineering?
  6. Will I get a seat in government counseling after scoring 82% aggregate in ECE final year?
  7. How can join merchant navy after chemical engineering?
  8. Is a student of B.Tech final year eligible to attend the Indian Engineering Service Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to join Military course? What are the job opportunities available for my degree?
  10. Is there any scope in defence service? I am a student of B.Tech civil engineering final year
  11. List of some foreign companies for internship? I'm in final year student of Electrical engineering from DAV institute?
  12. How can I join MS aerospace engineering in france?
  13. Does CSAT exam has engineering division like Political Science?
  14. Do I need to any other course to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  15. What are the technical opportunities for B.E computer science students in IAF/Army?
  16. How can I join Air Force while studying engineering final year
  17. Can I apply for Engineering Services Exam being a candidate pursuing final year BE? Syllabus for this Exam?
  18. Procedure to join Aeronautical Engineering after final year diploma course?
15th April 2016, 05:05 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Military Engineering service? I am a final year engineering student

Being a final year student for engineering, to join Indian Military Service you will have to join CDS by clearing CDS entrance examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and it is academy meant for providing education to those who manages to clear CDS entrance examination and looking forward to be a defense officer. It has four wings which includes Naval Academy ( NA ), Air force Academy ( AFA ), Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

CDS entrance examination are held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which comprises of Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

For appearing in the same examination ( for joining engineering services ), you must satisfy the criteria mentioned here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 19 years to 22 years for NA, 19 years to 23 years for AFA, 19 years to 24 years for IMA and 19 years to 25 years for OTA.

* You must have completed your bachelor of technology degree or must be in the final year of same from a recognized institute.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding the same examination you can refer to the official link of UPSC which are www.upsc.gov.in or www.upscexam.com.a
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?