19th November 2016, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Is there a chance for ex Serviceman's son to join the Indian Army while pursuing Engineering?

Respected Sir, I am an ex Serviceman, my son is pursuing Engineering and he is in the 3rd year of the course. I want to know is there a chance for ex Serviceman's son to join the Indian Army while pursuing Engineering? If yes then please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to join Indian Army for a son of an Ex-Army Officer? Is there any use of SLC certificate?
  2. How to join Indian Army after passing B.E Mechanical Engineering from AP?
  3. Any chance to join Indian Army after doing diploma in Civil Engineering and Part Time Degree at an age of 27?
  4. Is there any chance to join Indian Army at the age of 25 years?
  5. Am I eligible to join Indian Army if pursuing B.Com Pass? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army?
  6. Is there any chance for me to join Indian Army after 12th at the age of 19 years?
  7. How can I join Indian Army while pursuing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  8. How can I join Indian Army being a son of retired Army Officer?
  9. How can I join Indian Army after scoring 55% in B.Tech
  10. How can I join Indian Army if secured 70% in 10th and pursuing 12th Science?
  11. How to join Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in IT? What will be the career scope for me in Indian Army?
  12. How can I join the Indian Army after completing Diploma+BE Mechanical Engineering? Which exam do I have to write?
  13. How can my son join Indian Army after completion of CA?
  14. Am I eligible to join the Indian Army while pursuing B.Sc Zoology?
  15. How can I join the Indian Army after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  16. Procedure to join Indian Army after 12th Commerce as a Army Officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which Branch should I choose for pursuing Master of Physiotherapy to get a job in the Indian Army?
  18. Am I eligible to join the Indian Army after completing Civil Engineering? Can I join the Indian Army with weak eye sight and a Tattoo on my wrist? -- [New]
24th November 2016, 10:16 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there a chance for ex Serviceman's son to join the Indian Army while pursuing Engineering?

There are various ways through which candidates pursuing engineering can join Indian Army.

University entry scheme of Indian Army: Candidates pursuing pre final or final year of engineering can apply for UES scheme of Indian Army. Candidates are shortlisted on basis of marks upto current semester for Service Selection Board.

Technical Graduate Cadre: Engineering candidates can apply for TGC scheme of Indian Army.

Combined Defence Services: In final year of engineering, your son can apply for CDS exam for joining different academies of Defence like Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

Age limit:

IMA: 19-24 years.

INA: 19-22 years.

OTA: 19-25 years.

Unmarried male and female candidates are eligible to apply for CDS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?