14th November 2016, 10:52 AM
abiprincess

Am I eligible to join the Indian Army while pursuing B.Sc Zoology?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing B.Sc Zoology I wish to join the Indian Army I want to know am I eligible to join the Indian Army while pursuing B.Sc Zoology or do I have to apply after completing B.Sc? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th November 2016, 08:46 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join the Indian Army while pursuing B.Sc Zoology?

Being a B.Sc Zoology pursuing student you are eligible for joining Indian Army as for this wing of Indian defense sector there is no compulsion of a particular stream at any stage.

--> Now being a graduate degree pursuer you basically have following options in Indian Army which are as discussed below :-

a) You can become a commissioned officer in Indian Army through NDA if your age lies within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

b) Another option of becoming commissioned officer is through the CDS entrance examination when you complete your graduation degree. Also your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years,

c) You to have the option of becoming soldier clerk and tradesmen by qualifying their respective Rally followed by Common Entrance examination. For this your age must lie within 17.5 years to 23 years.

For more details about these entries you can visit the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
15th November 2016, 10:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by abiprincess View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing B.Sc Zoology I wish to join the Indian Army I want to know am I eligible to join the Indian Army while pursuing B.Sc Zoology or do I have to apply after completing B.Sc? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 years
15th November 2016, 11:04 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Candidates pursuing in final year of degree are eligible to appear for entrance examination conducted by UPSC as CDS.

So, if you are in the final year you can appear for upcoming CDS examination. Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination for recruitment in Indian Army.

The required eligibility is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is 19-24 years for Army.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written stage and SSB. It is necessary to qualify in each of the stages.
15th November 2016, 11:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can make your wish true after appearing and qualifying in CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and the examination is conducted twice in a year. The candidates who have passed or in the final year of bachelor degree can appear for examination.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in IAF, INA, IMA and OTA. The age limit varies for different service.

But for Indian Army it is 19-24 years. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
16th November 2016, 12:00 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if after completion of the degree you will be eligible to appear for CDS examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for recruitment.

The age limit to appear for examination is 19-24 years.

The examination is conducted by UPSC.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
16th November 2016, 12:22 PM
Navneet patyal

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to join the Indian Army while pursuing B.Sc Zoology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abiprincess View Post

Yes, You are eligible to join Indian Army after completing your B.sc.

You are eligible for the following entrance exams conducted by the Indian Army.

1. Havaldar Education Scheme.
After completing your Bachelor degree, you are eligible for HEC.
Your age limit should be between 18 to 25 years.

2. CDS exam.
Combined Defense Service exam conducted by the Indian Army every year.
You should have a bachelor degree in any discipline to apply for the CDS exams.

3. You can also apply for any other government jobs after completing bachelor degree.
Indian Railway.
Bank sector.
Public sector jobs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?