30th October 2016, 01:33 PM
pai anirudh

What is the age limit for Medical entrance exam?

Respected Sir, I want to appear for Medical entrance exam and my age is 17 years. I want to know the age limit for Medical entrance exam? Can I apply for exam at the age of 17?

31st October 2016, 11:25 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the age limit for Medical entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pai anirudh View Post
Respected Sir, I want to appear for Medical entrance exam and my age is 17 years. I want to know the age limit for Medical entrance exam? Can I apply for exam at the age of 17?
According to the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and also National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) the minimum age of a candidate should be 17 years at the time of admission to the medical course but candidate age should not be more than 25 years. However, the limit is relaxed for 5 years for those who belong to SC/ST category that is for them upper age limit is 30 years.

Yes, you are eligible for medical entrance exam 2017.

AIPMT IMPORTANT DATES 2017:

The online registration will start from : first week of December,2016.

Last date to fill online application form : Last wee of January, 2017.

Admit Card will be uploaded from : first week of April, 2017.

Date of examination : May, 2017.

Date of Result : first week of June,2017.

1st November 2016, 08:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that, the admission in undergraduate medical entrance examination i.e; for admission in MBBS / BDS degree course will be made through a single entrance examination NEET where as admission in AIIMS will be made through AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.

As far as you are concerned about the age limit for these entrance examination, then it is 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

Also the minimum educational requirement for these examination is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% aggregate ( in case of AIIMS,at least 60% marks ) from a recognized board. Further 10% marks is relaxable for reserved category candidates.

For further details regarding NEET you can log on the link www.aipmt.nic.in where as for AIIMS MBBS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.aiimsexam.org.in.
2nd November 2016, 12:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pai anirudh View Post
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for MBBS entrance exam but your 12th standard subject should be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are eligible for Medical Entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
10th May 2017, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, my age is 35 years I want to appear in medical exam can I appeared? And what is the age limit of medical exam ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?