25th January 2017, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a B.Sc Mathematics 2nd year student to apply for PMT?

Respected Sir, I am a B.Sc Mathematics student and I am in the 2nd year of the course. I want to apply for PMT exam so I need to know is it possible for a B.Sc Mathematics 2nd year student to apply for PMT? Please answer as soon as possible.

27th January 2017, 08:35 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible for a B.Sc Mathematics 2nd year student to apply for PMT?

PMT refers to Pre Medical Test and same was held for offering admission in undergraduate medical courses from medical colleges of India.

But from last year AIPMT along with State PMTs has been replaced by a common medical entrance examination NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) which is held by CBSE once every year.

The minimum educational requirement for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board of examination.

So being a B.Sc in Mathematics degree pursuer you are eligible for NEET on the educational ground if you satisfy the above educational requirement at your higher secondary level.

For more details about updates about NEET you can log on to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
27th January 2017, 11:38 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a B.Sc Mathematics 2nd year student to apply for PMT?

PMT stands for Pre Medical Test. Now, there is only one entrance examination called National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted for admission in medical courses like MBBS and BDS courses.

Eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

>>Candidates must have done 12th from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required to apply for this exam.

>>The age limit for NEET is 17-25 years. Upper age limit is relaxed for reserved category candidates.

If you have studied PCB subjects in 10+2 and within age limit, you can apply for NEET examination in 2017.
28th January 2017, 12:34 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you have passed your 12th board examination with PCB as main paper you are eligible to appear for PMT ( Pre Medical Test ).

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and conducted for admission in medical courses. The age limit to appear for examination is 17-25 years and must have minimum 50%.

So, you can appear for NEET if you have Biology as main paper also in board examination. For more information about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?