22nd May 2012, 06:34 PM
mann111

What is the best way to do MSc Maths? Should I do correspondence or as a non collegiate from same university?

i'm Ph.D. (Physics) from University of rajasthan. now want to do M.Sc. Maths. which way is best ? by correspondence or as a non-collegiate from same university because i can't do it as a regular student. plz guide me...
if correspondence, than which univ. is best ?

3rd March 2013, 07:57 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the best way to do MSc Maths? Should I do correspondence or as a non collegiate from same university?

About the Course

Mathematical finance is an area of applied mathematics where concepts and techniques that lie close to the heart of pure mathematics are applied routinely to solve a great variety of important practical problems arising in the day-to-day business of financial institutions. The objective of the MSc in Financial Mathematics is to guide students through to a mastery of the sophisticated mathematical ideas underlying modern finance theory, along with the associated market structures and conventions, with emphasis on: (a) the modelling of financial assets, both in equity markets and in fixed-income markets; (b) the pricing and hedging of options and other derivatives; and (c) the quantification and management of financial risk.

However, mathematical skills alone are not sufficient to implement mathematical ideas in practice. You need numerical and computational methods if you want to put theory into practice and work for a financial institution. We therefore offer a programme that provides a balanced mixture of advanced mathematics (probability theory, stochastic calculus, etc), modern finance theory (derivatives, interest rates, foreign exchange, etc), and computational technique (GPU-based high-performance computing).
The MSc in Financial Mathematics offers a range of exciting modules during the Autumn and the Spring terms, followed by a research project leading to a dissertation to be completed during the Summer term.
Aims

Financial mathematics is a challenging subject, deployed by sophisticated practitioners in financial markets on daily basis. It builds on the application of advanced concepts in modern probability theory to solve various issues faced by industry practitioners in the areas of pricing, hedging, risk management, and beyond. The main objective of the programme is to provide the knowledge needed to be able to enter into this exciting new area of applied mathematics that is widely used in a range of financial markets.

Main distinguishing features of our programme are:

We aim to teach some of the key ideas in pricing theory from a modern perspective, using such concepts as pricing kernel and market filtration, as opposed to a more traditional approach based on the historical developments of the subject.

We include courses on high-performance computing so that theoretical ideas can be implemented.

By the end of the year students will gain familiarity with topics including:

Financial market conventions
Derivatives market structure
Theory of stochastics processes
Option pricing and hedging
Interest rate derivatives pricing
Portfolio theory
Price formation
Credit risk management
Numerical implementation
High-performance computing
11th May 2014, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the best way to do MSc Maths? Should I do correspondence or as a non collegiate from same university?

how to apply on msc maths in correspondence course? am i apply online or where? i dont know properly
12th June 2015, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m a b.sc -b.ed student.now i want to do m.sc mathematics correspondance from punjab university.Is there provision for correspondance m.sc maths in the punjab university??
13th April 2020, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

I want to do msc mathematics through correspondence from Punjab University. I have done bsc with physics chemistry and math . Can I do msc mathematics through correspondence. Plzz tell me.
16th April 2020, 01:35 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--Yes,you are eligible to join the course of M.SC in Mathematics through correspondence in Punjab University.

--Must visit the near by center of Punjab university or visit their official website for further detail about application form and admission procedure too.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?