30th June 2011, 02:32 AM
gliz.maxz

What books I have to digest in order to pass GATE and to join M.Sc. BT through IITs to become a Scientist?

Sir, I got the information that I can become a scientist through research through M.Sc BT through IIT's by passing GATE. So what are the unmissable books that i have to digest in order to pass GATE. Thanks with regard....

Related Questions:
  1. How many marks should I score in B.Sc to appear in the IIT entrance examination for M.Sc astrophysics? What's the syllabus for the same?
  2. How to pursue MSc in Microbiology through GATE in IITs?
  3. Am I eligible to do M.Tech Biotechnology after MSc in Botany? How much score should I score in GATE and MSc to take admission in IITs? How many seats are there in IITs for students of other universities?
  4. Which job can I opt for after completing M.A and M.Phil(History)?
  5. Best Books to prepare for GATE Exam for Mechanical stream?
  6. Good Books to prepare for GATE Exam for Mathematics? Can a M.Sc Maths candidate get good job in MNC? Number of seats in IITs for M.Sc Maths candidates? How many marks should be scored to get admission in IITs for M.Tech Maths?
  7. Can we score good in GATE through books rather coaching? Which books to prefer?
  8. Job Opportunities after completion of M.Sc?
  9. Can I join ISRO or PRL as a scientist after integrated MSc Physics? What is the procedure
  10. Can I join ISRO as a Space Scientist after scoring 84% aggregate and more than 90% in all Science subject? -- [New]
  11. GATE score for selection in IITs for SC candidates? Good institutes apart from IITs? Any stipend offered? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What are the procedures to do Ph.D in IIT without writing GATE?
  13. Which is the best course in M.Tech for mechanical engineering students
  14. How to make a career after M.Tech in industry? Which institute to go for?
  15. Expected GATE rank and chances in admission to IITs after marks withing 49-52?
  16. Can I get into IITs after scoring 57 to 63 in GATE? How much rank can I expect?
  17. How many seats are there in IITs for CSE through GATE? How to prepare well for GATE?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in HR after MBA(HR) in distance mode?
1st July 2011, 03:52 PM
sunnyrockz

Smile Re: What books I have to digest in order to pass GATE and to join M.Sc. BT through IITs to become a Scientist?

see there is no particular book for gate exam.

the only way to success in the gate is to be perfect with our concerned branch in very detailed and conceptual way.
and mainly the first year general topics are very needed and do alot of practise in it.
the books are the respective university books prescribed for the first year of the b.tech.
i am telling so becauz,ur professor can clear douts,if any from those books very clearly and you can ve clear with your concept and be perfect with the core subject.

all da best...))
10th August 2011, 09:06 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What books I have to digest in order to pass GATE and to join M.Sc. BT through IITs to become a Scientist?

hi..to pass through the gate examination you have to really work hard because the question in the gate examination are asked right from the basics and you should be absolutely clear about your basics only then you can pass this examination and to be clear in the basics you have to work hard,
follow the books of the gk publishers for the gate exam which are universally accepted as the best books for the gate exam preparation,also you should study the correspondence course materials of the brilliant tutorials they are really good and useful for the clearing of concepts and also helping in solving good quality questions ,
the pattern of examination of the gate exam is as follows :

There will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks.
Q.1 to Q.25 (25 questions) carry one mark each (sub-total 25 marks). Q.26 to Q.55 (30 questions) carry two marks each (sub-total 60 marks). Questions Q.56 - Q.65 belong to General Aptitude (GA). Questions Q.56 - Q.60 (5 questions) carry 1 mark each (sub-total 5 marks) and questions Q.61 - Q.65 (5 questions) carry 2-marks each (sub-total 10 marks).
Questions Q.48 - Q.51 (2 pairs) are common data questions. and Qquestion pairs (Q.52, Q.53) and (Q.54, Q.55) are linked answer questions. The answer to the second question of the linked answer questions depends on the answer to the first question of the pair. If the first question in the linked pair is wrongly answered or is unattempted, then the answer to the second question in the pair will not be evaluated.
NEGATIVE MARKING:For Q.1 - Q.25 and Q.56 - Q.60, ⅓ mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. For Q.26 - Q.51 and Q.61 - Q.65, ⅔ mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. The question pairs (Q.52, Q.53), and (Q.54, Q.55) are questions with linked answers. There will be negative marks only for wrong answer to the first question of the linked answer question pair i.e. for Q.52 and Q.54, ⅔ mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking for Q.53 and Q.55.
Questions on Engineering Mathematics will carry about 15% of the total marks (excluding General Aptitude section) in all the papers bearing the codes AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT and PI.
10th August 2011, 09:09 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What books I have to digest in order to pass GATE and to join M.Sc. BT through IITs to become a Scientist?

hi..to pass through the gate examination you have to really work hard because the question in the gate examination are asked right from the basics and you should be absolutely clear about your basics only then you can pass this examination and to be clear in the basics you have to work hard,
follow the books of the gk publishers for the gate exam which are universally accepted as the best books for the gate exam preparation,also you should study the correspondence course materials of the brilliant tutorials they are really good and useful for the clearing of concepts and also helping in solving good quality questions ,
the pattern of examination of the gate exam is as follows :

There will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks.
Q.1 to Q.25 (25 questions) carry one mark each (sub-total 25 marks). Q.26 to Q.55 (30 questions) carry two marks each (sub-total 60 marks). Questions Q.56 - Q.65 belong to General Aptitude (GA). Questions Q.56 - Q.60 (5 questions) carry 1 mark each (sub-total 5 marks) and questions Q.61 - Q.65 (5 questions) carry 2-marks each (sub-total 10 marks).
Questions Q.48 - Q.51 (2 pairs) are common data questions. and Qquestion pairs (Q.52, Q.53) and (Q.54, Q.55) are linked answer questions. The answer to the second question of the linked answer questions depends on the answer to the first question of the pair. If the first question in the linked pair is wrongly answered or is unattempted, then the answer to the second question in the pair will not be evaluated.
NEGATIVE MARKING:For Q.1 - Q.25 and Q.56 - Q.60, ⅓ mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. For Q.26 - Q.51 and Q.61 - Q.65, ⅔ mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. The question pairs (Q.52, Q.53), and (Q.54, Q.55) are questions with linked answers. There will be negative marks only for wrong answer to the first question of the linked answer question pair i.e. for Q.52 and Q.54, ⅔ mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking for Q.53 and Q.55.
Questions on Engineering Mathematics will carry about 15% of the total marks (excluding General Aptitude section) in all the papers bearing the codes AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT and PI.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?