22nd December 2015, 03:28 PM
Kowshik NS

What can be done after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science?

What can be done after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science? What next to pursue? Can someone please give me a deeper understanding of the subjects which I can opt next? or is there any good job available for me to apply? Awaiting for the answers.

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope for job opportunity after completion of BSc computer science?
  2. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  3. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  4. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  5. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  6. Available Job Opportunities after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science?
  7. What to do after bsc in computer science? MSc or MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  9. When will I receive the admit card of SSC(LDC)?
  10. What to choose B.Sc(H) Computer Science or B.Sc(H) Maths at DU? Eligibility for MCA or Geophysics through IITJAM? What about MBA through IIMs?
  11. Is there any course available to do after completion of diploma in computer science? -- [New]
  12. Which specialization is the best for career in BSc Computer Science or BSc Electronics?
  13. What is the initial salary for freshers? I have done BSc computer science
  14. What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?
  15. How to get admission for BSc(IT) or BSc Computer Science in colleges in Delhi?
  16. Which stream in MBA is relative to me in Distance Education after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science?
  17. Career Options available in USA for Indian Dentists? Which course is better for me between Hospital Management and Oral Health Research?
  18. How to apply for admission in CSJM university? I want private admission B.A II year in Kanpur University
31st December 2015, 07:06 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can be done after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowshik NS View Post
What can be done after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science? What next to pursue? Can someone please give me a deeper understanding of the subjects which I can opt next? or is there any good job available for me to apply? Awaiting for the answers.

Thank you!
After B.Sc. in Computer Science, you can make your career in Private Sector or in Government Sector.

There are numerous career opportunities in both the sector.

Top IT companies like Wipro, TCS, Satyam, Infosys offer lucrative job offers to Bachelor graduates of Computer Science stream.

You may get job at the posts like:
  • Consultant
  • Management
  • Administration
  • Sales, Marketing
  • Research Staff Member
  • Computer Scientist
  • Programmer or Software Engineer
  • Computer Scientist
  • Computer Engineer, Hardware Designer, Logic Designer
  • Systems Engineer, System integrator
  • Systems Analyst
  • System Administration
  • Technical Support, Support Engineer
  • Technical Writer

Apart from these jobs, you can also go in the teaching field.

And, further you can get job of lecturer or professor in any reputed college.
31st December 2015, 07:49 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can be done after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science?

Soon after the completion of B.Sc in Computer Science, you will be having 2 high level career options which are
-Going for job opportunities
-Going for Higher studies

I don't think it is a good choice of going for job opportunities since you completed just Graduation.

You would be given very low level job designations and it would take time to get promotions and to receive good salary.

However if you get job opportunities in top companies like
-Infosys
-Wipro
-IBM
-Cognizant etc.
it would be better to join the job and go for PG courses in Distance Learning.

Otherwise go for higher studies in Post Graduation in regular mode.

The following courses would be a good choice in Post Graduation.
MCA - Master of Computer Applications
M.Sc Computer Science (Master of Science)
MBA - Master of Business Administration.

The duration of MCA course is 3 years and for M.Sc course, it would be 2 years.

Each and every university will conduct their own Entrance Exams in order to give admission for these courses.

Candidates should score a minimum of 50% of marks in Graduation to be eligible to join these courses and it is also mandatory that the candidate should have gone through Mathematics as one of the subject either at Graduation level or at 10+2 level.

The duration of MBA course is 2 years and to get admission for this course, one should crack any of the below Entrance Exams.
CAT
MAT
GMAT

In addition, there would be several state level examinations to get admission in various colleges of that particular state.

The following specializations would be good choice for you in MBA course.

MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Information Technology
MBA in Human Resource Management
MBA in Marketing Management etc.

Choose the course as per your interest and get admission in top colleges like IIT's (for MCA) and IIM's or B-Schools (for MBA) so that you will be having great career scope.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?