2nd August 2016, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

What can I do after scoring good marks in GATE 2017?

Well, i did my post graduation(M.sc) in environmental science now i am preparing for Gate 2017 in Ecology and Evolution(EY) so i want to know what can i do after scoring good marks in gate? What are future aspects after cracking this exam?

Related Questions:
2nd August 2016, 02:36 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: What can I do after scoring good marks in GATE 2017?

See, since you have already completed your post graduation so according to me if you prepare for GATE 2017, its better to choose among the branches
-Electrical
-Mechanical
-Electronics
-Computer Science

Now, it may sound awkward that how can i suggest something like this. But there are some reasons.

1) Since you have already completed your post graduation, so doing post graduation again won't be a good idea after clear GATE.

2) GATE is also used by PSU for recruitment. But for recruitment, you need to have one of the above mentioned branches. (CIVIL is a totally different domain). With your ecology branch maybe you get a good rank but then you wont have anything in hand other than M.tech.

Also, you need not to worry about how you will prepare a different course. Many students do that. One of the toppers of 2013 of CS background gave GATE exam by Electronics branch he was among the toppers.

So, this is the overall story. You can consider it if it suits you.
3rd August 2016, 12:14 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do after scoring good marks in GATE 2017?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. There are two main advantages of this examination, first you can do Master of Technology from top reputed institutes of technology like Indian Institute of Technology, National Institute of Technology etc.

Second advantages of this exam is that you can get jobs in Public Sector Undertakings on basis of GATE scorecard. These are two important aspects of this examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?