28th September 2012, 12:47 AM
Julie Neha

How to prepare for GATE? Tips and tricks to clear GATE? Which are the good study materials for electrical and electronics branch

1.How to prepare for gate?
2.Give me tips and tricks for clearing gate and how to score good marks in gate?
3.I want a good material for Electrical and Electronics branch so that i could start my preparation in a better manner.Now i am reading with reference book, it's taking a lot of time .And it is not possible for me to complete all the topic in this way....So please give me a proper guidance for scoring good marks in GATE.
give me answer as soon as possible.......

22nd March 2013, 09:18 PM
Mr Rohit

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE? Tips and tricks to clear GATE? Which are the good study materials for electrical and electronics branch

We can just give you the way of direction but in real you have to walk on it.

Here are some important things for GATE Electrical and Electronics branch:

GATE EEE Important topics:

Below is the pie chart representing the topic wise weightage of different topics in the Electrical Engineering(EE) Question Paper based on a 7 year average, normalized to current scoring and exam pattern. (Percentage in pie chart is the percentage of the marks for core Engg questions i.e.. 70 marks)

Marks for syllabus:

Engineering Mathematics-15 marks

Electric Circuits-8 marks

Electromagnetic Fields-4 marks

Signals & 5ystems -5 marks

Electrical Machines -12 marks

Power Systems -12 marks

Control Systems -6 marks

Electrical & Electronic Measurements-6 marks

Analog & Digital Electronics-9 marks

Power Electronics & Drives-8 marks

General Aptitude-15 marks

Best Books for GATE Electrical And Electronics:

1.Network Analysis-Van Valken Burg
2.Solutions of Network Analysis-GK Publications
3.Engg. Circuit Analysis-Hayt and Kemmerly
4.Network Analysis-Soni and Gupta
5.Graph Theory-Narsing Deo (Cutset and Others)
6.Circuit Theory-Chakravarthy
7.Circuit Theory-Roy Choudary (Networks and Systems)
8.Electric Circuits-Schaum’s Series
9.Network Theory-Prof Yoganarasimhan
10.Electronic Devices Circuits-Boylested and Neshelsky
11.Microelectronic Circuits-Sedra and Smith
12.Electronic Devices Circuits-Millman and Halkias (Black Pad)
13.Microelectronics-Millman and Grabel
14.Integrated Electronics-Millman and Halkias
15.Electronic Circuits-Schilling and Belove

So,You can choses any two three books from above.

Beside this you can refer questions papers of previous years so that you can get an idea on main Exam.Try to practise the papers by setting timer will be best or you.

Time Management is much Important and note at the last time don't try to refer new things just go on revising your previous completed syllabus.
You can ask your senior for tips.

You can also visit below for more information:
www.gate.iitb.ac.in

Beside this the real marks is depend on your potential even you can do at lat time of examinations if you have a potential.
Try to set Goal and work for it by heart.

ALL THE BEST!!!
2nd June 2013, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE? Tips and tricks to clear GATE? Which are the good study materials for electrical and electronics branch

am doing self study to crack gate in aerospace engineering.so kindly post material and books to follow
15th December 2013, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my 3rd year ece.i would like to get the job in public sector.how i can get the job in public sector side
1st June 2014, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir....please help me for the subjects and their related books to be covered best for preparation by Chemical engineering students...

and if possible please help me with weightage of the topics which are preferred to be important...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?