22nd February 2011, 01:08 PM
shaxo9

What is the career of a Civil Engineer?

What is the career of a Civil Engineer? Can you please provide me the details

thanks

25th February 2011, 04:19 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the career of a Civil Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaxo9 View Post

thanks
civil engineer does the construction work. all the buildings, malls, airports, companies, industries are built by civil engineer. now a days maximum job options are available for civil engineers. they are getting good jobs in both private as well as public sector. and they will always get good jobs because construction work will never stop.
so if you are thinking of taking civil engineering then you must go on.
it will be best for you
30th June 2011, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

In which country the civil engeenering is most popular?
25th October 2011, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope of female engineers in saudi arabia
11th November 2011, 01:13 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Civil Engineering is the stream of engineering which deals with the construction works mainly.

A civil engineer has to have the basic knowledge about the materials used in construction, their mixing rations, construction of roads, railway lines, bridges ,dams, etc.

So you can make this kind of a career in Civil Engineering.

TATA, EROS Group, DLF, Supertech, etc are some of the companies which work under Civil constructions.

Dubai is known for its beautiful architecture and engineering.

Regards
#RJ#
13th January 2012, 07:02 PM
shri ram sharma

Smile Re: What is the career of a Civil Engineer?

Quote:

thanks
hi,

civil engineering :

civil engineering is one amongst the many fields available in the field of engineering. currently, the job opportunities available for students of this field are quite high. Jobs can be got not only within one’s country but also in foreign countries. With experience and qualification aspirants can get lucrative jobs in good companies.

Career in Private sector after B. Tech in CE :

aspirants who possess a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering can get good jobs with the private sector. There will be many corporate firms that require professionals in this field. But their chance for better jobs will rise if they also have a Masters degree in the same. They can pursue this course after appearing for the GATE exam. With the right experience and qualification students will b able to rise to higher designations. Teaching is also another option available for them. With the launch of numerous Engineering colleges, professors and lecturers are also in high demand.

a few firms that take in B.Tech Civil Engineering students include:

· IVRCL Infra
· Jaypee Group
· Larsen & Toubro Limited
· Punj Lloyd

students of this field can also join as Consultants with Engineering services firms as well as Architectural Firms. Private aviation fields, IT firms and transportation firms also recruit aspirants as Consultant Engineers.

Government Career after B. Tech in CE :

students of Civil Engineering have the opportunity to get jobs with private and public sector construction firms. Aspirants will get employed as Trainees or freshers. To get jobs with the public sector, students can appear for the upsc examination. they can write the IAS, IPS or IES exams. Besides this, the PSC also hold exams for the recruitment of aspirants into the many departments of the state government such as the Public work department. Engineers of this field are also need in Power generation firms and Gas & Oil plants. The Railway recruitment Board (RRB) is another chief recruiter of graduates in Civil engineers. they can also look for jobs in the defense sector.

good luck .http://entrance-exam.net/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
20th January 2012, 09:02 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

thanks
HI,
After passing B.Tech you can apply for many govt. job like:-
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> I.E.S
> ARMY
> NAVY
> AIR FORCE
> D.R.D.O
> I.S.R.O
> B.S.N.L
> O.N.G.C
etc

ALL THE BEST!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?