5th June 2015, 08:08 PM
Rukhsar sheikh

What are the career opportunities for me after completing graduation in political science

I have complete my graduation in political science now I am doing master in social work from distance . what are career opportunities for me?

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges which offer B.A.(Political Science) in Indore? Job opportunities for Political Science graduate?
  2. Career options after completing PG in Political Science and diploma in disaster management?
  3. List of some career opportunities after completing HSC(science)? Should I try my career in mass media? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Career options after B.A(H) Political Science? I want a job after my graduation
  5. List of universities which offer correspondence M.Phil in Political Science? Job opportunities for Political Science postgraduate?
  6. Can I do Ph.D in Political Science after doing BA and PG in Master in Business Administration(HR)? Procedure to get admission?
  7. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for B.A(Arts) students?
  8. What are the course which I can do after graduation in economics, political science and Hindi?
  9. What should I study after completing M.A. in Political Science?
  10. Can I study Post Graduation in Political Science if my name is changed after marriage and having completed Graduation 25 years ago?
  11. Government teacher's job in Delhi after Graduation in Political Science, PG in Political Science and B.Ed? Eligibility and age-limit?
  12. Career opportunities for 12th NIOS student?
  13. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for 12th arts students?
  14. Will it be possible to do MA in Political Science without BA in Political science?
  15. How to join M.Phil in Political Science in Correspondence in Pune University after completion of Post Graduation in Political Science?
  16. How to get admission in Ph.D in Political Science after completing M.A in Political Science from University of Mumbai?
  17. How may i add an extra subject(history or geography) in graduation level after completing it? I've completed graduation with Hindi, English, Political Science, and Food Technology and B.Ed in social science
  18. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for B.Sc(Chemistry) students?
6th June 2015, 01:54 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the career opportunities for me after completing graduation in political science

There are lots of opportunities. Some of them are as listed below-

1) You can become a lecturer after completing your post graduation in the same field.

2) You can work with the government of India as historians and archaeologists.

3) You can apply for exams like-
IAS
Since you already had political science so your perpetration would become somewhat easy and hence your chance of clearing the exam will also increase.

4) You can apply or the post of teachers in secondary schools which are privately owned.

5) If you think about the government ones then you have to do B.ed and then you can apply for the government schools also.

6)You can find jobs in Museums and libraries.

So, the options are there. It depends on you how you would like to choose among them.
6th June 2015, 06:00 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What are the career opportunities for me after completing graduation in political science

There are variety of opportunities available to graduates in political science degree programs. Many graduates work in government as elected officials or in various other capacities. Other career options includes :

> > Journalism

> > Law

> > Business

> > Teaching

> > Lobbyist Profession

> > IAS Officer etc.
7th June 2015, 11:23 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Political science primarily concerned with government and its functions. It teaches us working of government, policy development etc.

# Thorough study of political science helps in knowing the national politics, publics politics, international level politics & relations, comparison of politics, economic scenario, sociology, psychology etc.

# Variety of job opportunities for graduate in political science:

* In Media as political journalist or political analyst
* Public administration
* Politics
* Marketing field
* Teaching line
* Law
* Many NGOs offer job in graduate in political science
* Even UNO offers job to political science scientists

# Apart from above mentioned, candidate can even apply for following for other government jobs mentioned below:

* IAS Examination
* SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination
* IBPS Bank Probationary Officer (PO) Examination
* SBI Probationary Officer (PO) Examination
* LIC ADO Examination
* LIC AAO Examination
* SSC FCI Assistant Grade Examination
* Several railway exams for the posts of Assistant Station Master (ASM), Goods Guard, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice etc.
7th June 2015, 12:02 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

There are a variety of opportunities available to graduates of political science degree programs.

Many graduates work in government as elected officials or in various other capacities.

Other career options include journalism, law, business and teaching.

There are lot of opportunities in central and state government services also.

You could choose to be a political analyst, join the civil service, serve in the Indian Foreign service and even teach at the college or university level.

They can also opt political journalism as a career choice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?