22nd June 2013, 02:07 AM
Abhi.966

What are the courses in income tax officers in higher post?

I done my 12th and i want which is the best college or university. I want high post in income tax officer what are the courses i do for better.....

22nd June 2013, 08:23 AM
Queries Answer

Default Re: What are the courses in income tax officers in higher post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.966 View Post
I done my 12th and i want which is the best college or university. I want high post in income tax officer what are the courses i do for better.....
For the tax officer you can achieve by the following methods:

1. Write the SSC exam (Combined Graduate level exam) conduct every year by the SSC for the different officer job like income tax officer etc. Its website is http://www.nic.in

2. Choose the commerce line and after it choose M.com specialization in taxation and from there you can get campus placement from the Indian Tax department of Government.

The top Universities are given below:
1. Delhi University
2. Calcutta University
3. BHU
4. University of Madras, Chennai
5. Pondicherry Central University
6. Jadavpur University, Calcutta
7. Pune University
8. Hyderabad Central University
9. Calicut University, Calicut
10. University of Kerla

Top Colleges:
1. St. Stephen College, Delhi
2. Loyola College, Chennai
3. Presidency College, Calcutta
4. Forgussan College, Pune
5. Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
Except the commerce you can make your career in Statistics which have high demand in future. Which best college is ISI, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, CMI-Chennai, IMSC-Chennai.

Except the above many courses are available in the our India but we have to find it. Students only think about engineering, medical or commerce. They not look others courses, so before join any course proper check available of other courses because if you do easy course from the top institution will give you success soon but tough course from the common college may be not give you success.
22nd June 2013, 09:53 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join Income Tax department in the Officer Rank than you have to appear in the SSC Combined Graduate Level exams

This Exam is conducted by SSC each year.

Educational qualifications:
Bachelors Degree Pass in any stream
No Minimum Percentage is required in Graduation

AGE-
Minimum 18 years
Maximum 27 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Next Tier 1 Exam of the SSC Combined Graduate level will be held in May 2014 Notification and advertisement will come out in Jan 2014

Questions will be asked from the Below Sections in this Exams:
>> English Comprehension
>> General Awareness
>> Quantitative Aptitude
>> General Intelligence and Reasoning
22nd June 2013, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

what are the cources offered in java?
22nd June 2013, 01:54 PM
surya143prakashrao
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.966 View Post
H & R Block's basic class is good, but I think they changed it so that if you take the class you sign a contract stating that you will not prepare taxes for anyone but Block.

Working for Block is good experience because it allows you to gain exprience and have a source of people to ask questions if you get stuck with a situation you are not familiar with.

After the basic class is one called Everyone's Return which expands on what was learned in Basic. After that there are individual seminars lasting anywhere from 1 three hour session to one night a week for ten weeks. Topics include: Investment Income, IRA's, Retirement Income, Rental Income, Estate Taxation, Estate & Trust Income Tax, Partnerships, Corporations, Sole Proprietorships, Hobby vs. Business, Depreciation. The list goes on. They even have an enrolled agent preparation course.

The cost of the basic return depends on the district. It can be between $99 (the cost of the books) to $300. If you work for block, the courses after the basic are just $20. If you become an enrolled agent or an instructor, my district doesn't charge you anything.

I have worked for Block for 16 years. I have taken many of the classes and became an enrolled agent. You do start at, I think, minimum wage, but that is a draw against commission. Your compensation can vary from year to year depending on what you made in the prior year......

about the university.....

University of Madras, Chennai

Pondicherry Central University

Jadavpur University, Calcutta

Pune University

Hyderabad Central University

IGNOU University

Delhi university...
22nd June 2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

I want to do phd in nano science. can u tell mw which is the best institute for nano technology, and when entrance exam occur.. pls sir help me... thank you...
23rd June 2013, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I want to do job in income tax department as a higher officer . i pursuing mba finance
1st October 2013, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

I have qualified m.sc. in physics from hnb garhwal university . plz tell me about scope for job in income tax department for me.
1st October 2013, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

I have qualified m.sc. in physics from hnb garhwal university . plz tell me about scope for job in income tax department for me.
27th November 2013, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I have done bsc in chemistry botony zoology and i want become incone tax officer in gud post i m girl 23 year what should i do please reply soon thanks
24th October 2014, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I want to do job in income tax department at officer rank . i am doing msc physics . for this what i do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?