13th September 2014, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an Income Tax Officer? Which degree would be helpful after 12th?

I am now 12th std,i want to become an income tax officer what are the thinks that i should do(i.e,what are the exams that i should come across and is there any institution which helps to prepare for the exam and what degree shall i take and what can i study to get a higher posting in income tax department?

13th September 2014, 10:37 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an Income Tax Officer? Which degree would be helpful after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am now 12th std,i want to become an income tax officer what are the thinks that i should do(i.e,what are the exams that i should come across and is there any institution which helps to prepare for the exam and what degree shall i take and what can i study to get a higher posting in income tax department?

The procedure to become an Income Tax Officer is that you need to write the exam and there are qualification which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply.The qualification would include such as Nationality,Age limit and education qualification.

To tell in detailed about the criteria's it is that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India.The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 18-27 years of age for General category and there are certain upper age relaxation for other category.Education qualification needed is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university.

As you have only completed +2,you are not eligible at this stage,so it is better that you continue your studies and then apply for the post.

Regards
~Jxsab~
14th September 2014, 05:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an Income Tax Officer? Which degree would be helpful after 12th?

An income tax officer is the one who deals with income tax matters concerning the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). The main duty of an income tax officer is to collect tax from the citizens of India.

To become an Income Tax officer, you need to appear for the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) exam. The Staff Service Commission (SSC) conducts an entrance exam for the recruitment of candidates for the various posts in the income tax department every year.

To be eligible to appear for the SSC exam, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria :-

1.You must have completed the graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

2.You must be at least 18 years old and must not exceed more than 27 years at the time of applying for the SSC exam. However, age relaxation is applicable to the reserved category candidates as per the government rules.

Since you are in the 12th standard, you need to complete your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university to be eligible to appear for the SSC exam.

Selection Procedure :-
The selection procedure for candidates consists of two stages :-
1.Written Test
2.Personal Interview
The candidates who will qualify in both the rounds of the SSC exam will be selected for the post of an Income Tax Officer.
14th September 2014, 08:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any Graduates are eligible for Income Tax Officer examination which is also known as Combined Graduate Level Examination, which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission every year.

Hence, you can opt for Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. After completion of the Graduation, you will be eligible for Combined Graduate Level Examination. You can prepare for the exam on your own, if you are good in self study, otherwise, join a good coaching institute.

The age limit for CGL exam is 18 to 27 years. There is age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years relaxation for OBC and 10 years relaxation for physically handicapped candidates.

The examination will be objective type in nature and the questions will be related to following subjects.

1. General Knowledge
2. Reasoning
3. Quantitative
4. English

There is negative marking for wrong answers, which will be 0.25 for each wrong answer. There will be preliminary and main examination for candidates. Those who get top marks in these stages will have greater chance of getting selected.

For more information visit http://ssc.nic.in
4th September 2015, 12:42 PM
sai5733

Re: What should I do to Become an Income Tax Officer? Which degree would be helpful after 12th ?

An Income Tax Officer is someone who deals with Income Tax matters concerning the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
The CBDT is a Department of the Central Government of India.
As a Tax is one of the main incomes of the Indian Government, the duty of an Income Tax Officer or ITO is to collect Tax from the citizens of India.

Qualifying Exam:

The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Conducts an entrance exam annually for the requirement of candidates in the Income Tax Department .
A series of written , oral and physical tests will be carried out for the selection of the candidates.
Those candidates who have clear these tests will be called for an Interview later.

Eligibility to apply:----

Candidates who are applying for the post of Income Tax Officer must appear for the SSC exam.
The basic qualification required to apply for the SSC is a Degree from a recognized university or its equal.
The candidates must be at least 18 years and not more than 27 years at the time of applying .
Age Relaxation : OBC - 3 years, ST/SC - 5 years, PWD - 10 years

All the best.............
6th September 2015, 03:02 PM
samudra_s

Smile Re: What should I do to become an Income Tax Officer? Which degree would be helpful after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

An income tax officer is someone who deals with income tax matters concerning the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). The CBDT is a department of the Central Government of India.

Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates who are applying for the post of Income tax officer must appear for the SSC exam. The basic qualification required to apply for the SSC is a degree from a recognized University or its equal. The candidates must be at-least 18 years and not more than 27 years at the time of applying ( age relaxation is available for the candidates belonging to the backward classes).

So, its better to continue your studies and complit your degree
12th April 2017, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Which course should be done after 12 that would help in becoming an income tax officer?
28th April 2018, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Now i am passout my 12th std. I want to join income tax department what should i do after 12 class. which course i would have to join ?
25th October 2019, 07:38 AM
Unregistered

Sir now I have completed graduation I want to become income tax officer please give me the name of best books for preparation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?