1st September 2011, 10:41 PM
nitin pundeer

What is the date of PSU exam? What is the scope of PSU sector?

i want know the date of psu exam and the scope of psu secter,i m the student of btech final year with mechanical branch?

10th September 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the date of PSU exam? What is the scope of PSU sector?

send psu exams notification and dates information........... my mail id is [email protected]
14th July 2013, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

sir, kindly send me details about psus exams for 2013.my email address is [email protected]
14th July 2013, 05:13 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You will have bright future in Public Sector Undertaking. Mechanical Engineers have plenty of job opportunities in the Public Sector Undertaking. There is no sign of slown down PSU jobs since it is controlled by the government.

As for your second question, there is no common entrance exam for the Public Sector Undertaking. As you may be aware that there are more than 150 PSU companies in India.

Each conducts its own entrance exam that too on a different date. Which means that you will have to individually apply for job in each company. You will be able to find notification in newspapers or the official website of the Public Sector Undertaking.

The process of offering job includes a written test followed by interview. But this practice is not followed by all the PSU companies. Some prefer not to conduct written test. Instead these companies give preference to the GATE Score.

So my advice will be to appear for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering if you haven't done that already.

PSU Eligibility

1. Candidate must be Indian citizen.

2. B.Tech degree from a valid college.

3. You should have 60 percent marks in Engineering.

4. All the pending backlogs should be cleared before applying.

5. Must have a valid GATE score.

6. Your age should be at least 21 years old.

7. The upper age limit is 30 years.

8. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

9. Relaxation is 5 years for the SC/ST.

List of PSU

BHEL

Indian Railways

Coal India

DRDO

MTNL

IOCL

HAL

ECIL

NALCO

ONGC

ISRO

BSNL

BPCL

GAIL

HPCL
14th July 2013, 05:43 PM
Ravi dikshith

Getting into Public Sector Companies is now completely based on the GATE Examination.Almost all the public sector companies have made it mandatory to qualifty the exam.Only those candidates who have qualify the Gate exam can apply for the PSU's in India.As you are in final year of Mechanical Engineering you can apply for the exam,if you qualify the Gate you can apply for various companies after the completion of b.tech because Gate score is valid for two years.Otherwise you can apply for the exam after completion of b.tech also.The list of the public sector companies are listead below:
  • NTPC
    ONGC
    IOCL
    B.H.E.L
    B.E.L
    G.A.I.L
    S.A.I.L
    E.C.I.L
    Power Grid
These are some of the public sector companies recruiting through Gate 2013.

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?