17th October 2014, 12:37 AM
sandeeptripathy

What are the defence job opportunities after doing B.Tech in IT stream?

Sir, I am a second year student pursuing my B.tech in IT stream. I would like to know the defence job opportunities and what kind of examinations i have to clear for getting a job in defence.
kindly reply me in [email protected]

Related Questions:
17th October 2014, 10:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the defence job opportunities after doing B.Tech in IT stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeptripathy View Post
Sir, I am a second year student pursuing my B.tech in IT stream. I would like to know the defence job opportunities and what kind of examinations i have to clear for getting a job in defence.
kindly reply me in [email protected]
You are a student of B.Tech in IT steam so you can apply in defence sector though CDS and AFCAT exam. Final year candidates can apply here but pre final year candidates are not eligible.

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

Indian Military Academy:- You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be between 19 to 24 years.

Air Force Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or B.E./B.Tech in engineering or technology. Your age should be between 19 to 23 years.

Naval Academy:- You need to complete your graduation in engineering or technology or you can do B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics. Your age should be between 19 to 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. Your age should be between 19 to 25 years.

Air Force Common Admission Test is conducted for defence sector in various branch of Indian Air force(Flying,ground,technical).

If you have completed BE/B.Tech degree then you are eligible for flying branch exam. Your 12th standard subject must be physics and Mathematics. Your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

If you have completed BE/B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering then you are eligible for technical branch exam. Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.

If you have completed in PG Degree/Bachelor degree in any subjects then you are eligible for ground duty branches. Your age should be in between 19 to 27 years.
17th October 2014, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the defence job opportunities after doing B.Tech in IT stream?

sir i'm pursuing b.tech (IT) 3rd year.i little confusion which side i go networking or programmer. plz suggests me sir.
mail id: [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?