27th December 2017, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between B.Sc Physics and B.S. Physics course?

I am studying 11 std. I took biology as the optional subject. I want to know the difference between B.Sc physics and B.S physics and also whether can I pursue it without computer science subject. Please help I want to prepare for IIT JEE?

6th January 2018, 06:43 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between B.Sc Physics and B.S. Physics course?

B.Sc. in Physics is a graduation course that stands for Bachelor of Science in Physics.

While B.S. in Physics is a graduation course that prepares students to work as a Physicist professionally.

As you are preparing for IIT JEE exam (now JEE Advanced exam), so neither B.Sc. in Physics, nor B.S. in Physics will come in your career to pursue.

IIT JEE exam will lead you to engineering path with B.Tech, B.E. graduation courses to be pursued.

Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are the primary subjects in 11th and 12th standard to be opted for eligibility in IIT JEE exam. You can take other subjects like Biology as additional subject.
10th January 2018, 05:39 PM
chikkykranthi619

Default Re: What is the difference between B.Sc Physics and B.S. Physics course?

Major difference between B.S and B.S.c are:
Basically "B.S" is done as a 4 year course and it is research oriented. In this you must do research in the final year.
In a "B.SC" you read only core physics and there is no research in it.

For cracking IIT-JEE examination you need to have good skills in mathematics, physics and chemistry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?