3rd June 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

What are the different options available after Mechanical Engineering?

what are different options available after mechanical engg...please tell me what are they

Related Questions:
  1. What are the options available for me after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 54%?
  2. Career options after Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. What are the career options after mechanical engineering?
  4. Higher studies options after mechanical engineering btech? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What are the different options available after Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Which universities are suitable for me after completing B.E in mechanical engineering? What are the career options for me after completion of MS
  7. How to do GATE in Automobile Engineering? I am a 3rd year student in Mechanical Engineering
  8. Is NDA entrance exam hard to crack? What is the procedure to crack the exam?
  9. Job options for candidate who have completed Mechanical engineering in 6 years? What about salary?
  10. Career options after completing mechanical engineering?
  11. Career options for diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  12. What all options can I opt after my B.Tech?
  13. Which stream to go for after scoring an IIT JEE rank of 2103?
  14. Which job is better for me after passing B.Tech in mechanical engineering branch
  15. Companies which provides training in Delhi NCR to Mechanical engineering student?
  16. What are the options for me to do 6 months industrial training in Automobile industries? I am a student of final year mechanical engineering
  17. Career options in Biomedical engineering in government and private options?
  18. How much marks are required to get admission in Anna University for Civil Engineering(SC category)? What are the other options except Automobile and Mechanical?
4th June 2012, 03:06 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the different options available after Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what are different options available after mechanical engg...please tell me what are they

Since your a mechanical student hence courses related to Autocad will help you in a better manner.AutoCad is all about generic design & documentation tool, and as such it is used across a large number of industries including, architecture, interior design, shop fit-outs, construction, engineering, landscape design, product design and manufacture, naval and aeronautical design, piping and cabling ..etc.So,this course will help you a lot since your a Mechanical Engineer.

List of Companies

There are many PSU's and Private companies which recruit Mechanical Engineers.Some of them namely are:-

ISRO,NTPC,BHPV,Steel Plants across India,JINDAL,SAIL,BHEL,L&T,Hindustan Motors,Tata Motors,Caterpillar,Mahindra & Mahindra,GAIL,ONGC..etc

For getting selected in these companies you need to go through the entrance exams conducted separately by each company.For the PSU Undertakings go through the following link for more information
PSU-
Click here

You can prepare for all the above mentioned companies exams.

4th June 2012, 03:07 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the different options available after Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:

dear friend,
As you are doing your bachelor degree in mechanical engineering then you will get a huge opportunity to get a job in core field....
As you are now in 3rd year, then you are not eligible to apply for the PSU's now..
But when you will be in final year of your bachelor degree then you can apply for those PSU's..

You can apply for core technical jobs like:-

1.TATA MOTORS
2.HINDUSTAN MOTORS
3.ASHOKE LEYLAND
4.L&T
5.TATA STEEL
6.HINDULCO
7.RAILWAYS
8.BHEL
9.BEL
10.ONGC
11.SAIL
12.UPSC EXAMS like- IAS,IES,IFS,IPS..
13.Defense exams like- EKT,CDS,UES etc..

All the best..
4th June 2012, 03:09 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:

hello dear

see, after passing Mechanical Engineering , you have lots of scope to join in the Govt sector.

as you are a Mechanical engineer.

so you can give the given below govt PSU exam

>>BHEL.

>>NTPC.

>>IOCL.

>>ONGC.

>>ECIL

>>EIL.

>>HP.

>>BP.

>>IES.

>>BARC.

>>DVC.

>>DRDO.

>>Railways.

etc.

all the best........

4th June 2012, 03:12 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

most of the leading private company give their eligibility criterion that student should have minimum of 60% marks throughout the career. but as you have less than 60% marks in engineering so you will not be eligible to appear in the recruitment process of leading companies.

but do not worry there are so many company also those have no such criterion. you may try for it.

there are government sector which recruit mechanical engineering student. so of them are

Account Manager
Adv. Manufacturing Engineer
Analyst
Coding Scientist
Design Engineer
Development Engineer
Director of Prototyping
Engineer
Engineer Designer
Engineer Trainee
Engineer/Estimator
Engineering Assistant
Engineering Technician
Engineering Trainee
Line Technology
NTPC
Indian railway
Indian army
Civil services
BHEL etc.

in civil services some job are available where there is no minimum marks criterion. only graduation from a recognized university is enough to appear in the examination. so you may try for it.

best wishes.

25th June 2012, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

if i take mech as a core branch and later wish to shift to IT sector what are the ways to do it?? can anyone suggest the possible options where even though remaining in computing sector my domain remains mechanical??
13th July 2012, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

i completed my graduation in mechanical engineering but i want to work in aeronautical company...is it possible?
15th August 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

i am 2nd year mechanical engineering student.i want do master in aerospace.which entrance exams should i passed ?? which coll. is available in mumbai, pune.
10th September 2012, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: What are the different options available after Mechanical Engineering?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2453536]i completed my graduation in mechanical engineering but i want to work in aeronautical company...is it possible?[/QUOTEr yes it is possible if u give gate
26th October 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

can Production engineering student apply for IES and other mechanical jobs?
28th October 2012, 08:53 AM
tradus

HI,

These are some different options available after Mechanical Engineering-----------------

1.Engineer Designer
2.Indian Railway
3.Coding Scientist
4.Engineer Trainee
5.Line Technology
6.Engineering Technician
7.Account Manager
8.Development Engineer
9.Indian Army.

Best of luck
thankyou ............
28th October 2012, 01:22 PM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

JOBS AVAILABLE FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER

ISRO
JINDAL
Tata Motors
Caterpillar,
Mahindra & Mahindra
GAIL
SAIL
BHEL
L&T
Hindustan Motors
NTPC
BHPV
Steel Plants across India
ONGC ..ETC....

different options available after Mechanical Engineer

Coding Scientist
Engineer Trainee
Line Technology
Engineering Technician
Indian Railway
Account Manager
Development Engineer
Indian Army.

ALL THE BEST..........
28th October 2012, 02:32 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

List of the Carrier Option after Mechanical Engineering:

1. M.Tech/ME
  2. IES
  3. BARC
  4. DVC
  5. DRDO
  6. Railways
  7. BHEL
  8. NTPC
  9. IOCL
  10. IAS
  11. IPS
  12. ONGC
  13. ECIL
  14. EIL
  15. HP
  16. BP
  17. MBA
28th October 2012, 07:33 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend,

As you have completed you B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to appear for jobs in both private as well as govt sector pertaining to your qualifications.

You can pursue M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering if you wish to complete your Masters in the same to enhance your knowledge and get better jobs offers with better pay and better post. You need to crack the GATE exam for Mechanical stream to be eligible to pursue M.Tech.

You can also pursue MBA if you like. For this you need to appear for Entrance Exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc and excel in the rounds after the Entrance Exams to get the admission.

Best wishes..
29th October 2012, 04:58 PM
HAPPY00
Senior Member+

HELLO SIR..............

Different options available after Mechanical Engineer ; -
Development Engineer

Indian Railway

Indian Army.

Line Technology

Engineer Trainee

Engineering Technician

Coding Scientist

Account Manager
ALL THE BEST..........
31st October 2012, 01:53 AM
Srushti Krishna

HI FRIEND

Some different options available after Mechanical Engineering -

1.Engineer Designer

2.Indian Railway

3.Coding Scientist

4.Engineer Trainee

5.Line Technology

6.Engineering Technician

7.Account Manager

8.Development Engineer

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31st October 2012, 08:39 PM
KRISH No.1

HI

you can give the given below govt PSU exam
ONGC.

BHEL.

EIL.

HP.

BARC.

BP.

DVC.

IOCL.

ECIL

IES.

THANK U...............
31st October 2012, 08:44 PM
BITTU 00

Government sector which recruit mechanical engineering student. so of them are
Development Engineer

Director of Prototyping

Engineer

Engineer Designer

Engineer Trainee

Engineer/Estimator

Engineering Assistant

Engineering Technician

Engineering Trainee

Line Technology

NTPC

Indian railway

Indian army

Civil services
6th January 2013, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

i am mech 2nd year student i want to know is there any chance to become pilot
13th February 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

TELL ME THE DIFFR. DEPARTMENT IN DESIGNING AFTER B.TECH IN MECHANICAL ENGG.?
15th February 2013, 09:42 PM
media1

HAI,

These are the different options available after Mechanical Engineering---------------

1.Engineer Designer
2.Indian Railway
3.Coding Scientist
4.Engineer Trainee
5.Line Technology
6.Engineering Technician
7.Account Manager.

Hope that this helpful for you,
Thank you...
22nd February 2013, 12:45 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,,,,

different options available after Mechanical Engineering

1.Coding Scientist
2.NTPC
3.Engineer/Estimator
4.Engineering Trainee
5.Indian army
6.Analyst
7.Adv. Manufacturing Engineer
8.Account Manager
9.Line Technology

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14th March 2013, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

what are the dates of psu's exam2013 and fees
23rd March 2013, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

i want to join automobile industry.wat should i do to join an automobile industry
24th April 2013, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

i graduated with a b.e. in production engineering, worked at a major private power plant for 4 years, and i want to change my career path to astronomy ; what is the way to achieve this? i am preparing to give my GRE this year.
14th May 2013, 07:32 AM
Unregistered

if i complete the b.e in mech. engineering,i want to go germany for master,plz suggest me the exam?and how much it cost? how many marks reqired?
15th July 2013, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
What are the diploma courses available in our country..after completing b.tech in mechanical engineering.. Sir can u name some of them.... Is this diploma makes as to get a nice job
17th July 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

what is the option after completing civil engineering
29th January 2014, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

what are the different option available after mechanical engineering diploma...?
5th April 2014, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

i m now in 3rd year mechanical but i dont undestand what field i choose as will go for p.g or do some jobs???? plz tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?