22nd January 2012, 02:53 PM
Balwinder27

Career options after completing mechanical engineering?

hi i m balwinder singh
i m a student of pre final year mechanical engg with 77%.
what to do....what to prepare for(enterence exams) i m quite confused......please help me yaar

Related Questions:
  1. Career options after Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Career options after completing mechanical engineering?
  3. What are the career options after mechanical engineering?
  4. What are the career options after Mechanical engineering? I am studying in 4th year Mechanical
  5. Which are the career options for me other than M.Tech course having completed Mechanical Engineering?
  6. What are the career options available after completing PG with Chemistry? What would be the best option for me?
  7. What are the options available for me after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 54%?
  8. What are the career options after completing Graduation with Chemistry Honors?
  9. Career options in Biomedical engineering in government and private options?
  10. Which will have better preference in terms of salary and power between Mechanical engineering and IT engineering? -- [New]
  11. What is the duration of ICWA course after completion of B.Com? What will be the fee structure for this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which are the different career options available after B.E mechanical?
  13. Career options available after graduation in IT? What specialization can be taken?
  14. What are the career options after completing BCA?
  15. What are the career options after completing 2nd PUC in commerce
  16. Career options other than engineering after Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  17. How to make my career in mechanical design field after completing B.E Mechanical Engineering with distinguition
  18. Am i eligible to do MS after completing Pharm D? What are the career options available after Pharm D?
23rd January 2012, 06:57 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career options after completing mechanical engineering?

Mechanical engineers can apply for various jobs with the Indian Railways, UPSC, Indian Forest Services, PWD, State Service Commission, Public sector banks, Chemical firms, Post and Telegraphs etc. Teaching is also a good option for these candidates. A few PSU’s that demand mechanical engineers are ISRO, SAIL, ONGC, DRDO, etc. Mechanical engineers have a lot of job profiles in the government sector like Lab Assistant Gr. III (Mechanical), Assistant Executive Engineers, Junior Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (Diesel/ Mechanical), Assistant Engineers, Superintendent Engineers, etc. A Mechanical Engineer can also work in many areas which comprises of the control, design and coordination of manufacturing product.
23rd January 2012, 06:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Mechanical engineers can apply for various jobs with the Indian Railways, UPSC, Indian Forest Services, PWD, State Service Commission, Public sector banks, Chemical firms, Post and Telegraphs etc. Teaching is also a good option for these candidates. A few PSU’s that demand mechanical engineers are ISRO, SAIL, ONGC, DRDO, etc. Mechanical engineers have a lot of job profiles in the government sector like Lab Assistant Gr. III (Mechanical), Assistant Executive Engineers, Junior Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (Diesel/ Mechanical), Assistant Engineers, Superintendent Engineers, etc. A Mechanical Engineer can also work in many areas which comprises of the control, design and coordination of manufacturing product.
24th January 2012, 06:46 PM
ashwak8

You can apply for a lot of jobs .
Some are described below
1. Drdo
2. Isro
3. Iocl
4. Ongc
5. Bhel
6. Bsnl
7. Ias
8. Ips
9. Break inspector
28th January 2012, 12:19 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balwinder27 View Post
hi i m balwinder singh
i m a student of pre final year mechanical engg with 77%.
what to do....what to prepare for(enterence exams) i m quite confused......please help me yaar
Dear Friend,

There are many Mechanical private and govt companies in India.

Many government undertaken companies are also there. The name of such companies are as follows......
1) NTPC

2) NHPC

3) Tata Power

4) Reliance Power

5) Adani Power

6) Damodar Valley Corporation

7) Lanco Infratech

8) SJVN

9) Nuclear Power Corporation of India( NPCIL)

10) CLP Power

11) Neyveli Lignite Corporation

12) Torrent Power 1

3) Bhel

14) IOCL

15) Power Grid.

etc etc....

For getting jobs in these mechanical core companies, you have to follow "Employment News" newspaper for latest updates.....

For more vacancies, you can visit this link.... http://jobs.freshersworld.com/category/Core-Technical

Apart from this I will suggest you to register in some websites such as timesjob.com, Naukri.com, Monsterjob.com etc etc....

Last of all You must register in some job consultancies such as ACK GROUP, KCS GROUP, CHATTERJEE INTERNATIONAL, etc etc. They will arange direct interviews in those companies for you......

Best of Luck............
31st July 2012, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

What about RTO Officer after completion of mechanical engineering?
26th November 2012, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

is it possible to do ME in aeronautcs engg aftr BE mechanical engg ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?