14th January 2013, 03:40 PM

What is the eligibility criteria for NET exam? I have done B.A programme in economics

i have done B.A Programme (economics) am i eligible for this exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Is this possible for me to do Ph.D after completion of MBA through Distance Education?
  2. Procedure for M.A in Education after graduation from Biotechnology from Pune University?
  3. Procedure to take admission in Ph.D programme in Economics?
  4. Guidance to pursue Ph.D course being a candidate having completed Masters in Mechanical and working as Lecturer?
  5. Is there any scholarship programme available for masters course in UK for Indian Students? What is the criteria and eligibility for getting the scholarship? Universities in UK offering masters in Biotechnology? What is the fee structure?
  6. Scope of company secretary course? Benefits of doing the course?
  7. Can I apply for NET after completing M.A. part-I? Best coaching class in Mumbai for preparation of NET(Economics)?
  8. How to make myself eligible for CS -- [Most Discussed]
  9. When the B.Ed entrance exam would be scheduled to take place in Gujarat? What's the eligibility criteria for the same? List of the top colleges in Ahmedabad for the same? I am an MA(economics) students
  10. Can I apply for Ph.D Biotechnology programme in IITM if completed PG in Pharmacy? Details and Eligibility criteria for Ph.D programme at IITM?
  11. Can I do Ph.D related field after doing M.E electronics and control engineering?
  12. BA Programme and BA Hons Economics? difference in doing BA honors Economics and BA Programme as Economics as one disciplinary course?
  13. Previous years NET economics question papers with answer key? I have passed M.A Economics
  14. List of good books and study materials for UGC NET Economics? -- [New]
  15. What is the procedure to join ICWA
  16. In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in IISER for Integrated Ph.D Chemical Sciences programme being a non-Maths student? Eligibility criteria of the entrance exam?
  17. In which entrance exam to appear for Integrated PhD in IISER? Eligibility criteria and top most coaching for the entrance exam?
  18. What's the Eligibility criteria for Assam civil service exam? I've completed BA in economics with 40.9% marks.
1st February 2013, 09:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for NET exam? I have done B.A programme in economics

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.This test will be conduct for only lectureship , PHD and JRF .

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam but their is also some marks criteria.

You have completed your BA degree so sorry to say that , you are now not applicable for NET Exam.So first complete your masters degree then you can apply for NET Exam .

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For JRF ,The age should be below 28 years and for Lectureship there are no age limit.

Now NET papers are fully objective type with no negative marking .But there is sectional and overall cut off so please prepare all 3 papers equally .

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
2nd February 2013, 02:12 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for NET exam? I have done B.A programme in economics

Dear There,

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for NET examination before completing your post-graduation.

The eligibility criteria required for NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST contendors) from any recognised university.

* Age limit- 20-28 yrs for JRF and no age bar for Lectureship.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
2nd February 2013, 03:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

NET stands for the National Eligibility test.This exam is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission

The eligibility criteria for the NET exams are:

>>The minimum academic qualification required is post graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.That is master's degree.

Final year candidates can also apply for the examinations.

>>You must have secured at least 55% marks in post graduation.

So,friend please first do your master degree then think about NET exams till then also prepare for the NET exams.

NET is conducted for the two posts that are:

Junior research fellowship:The maximum age limit is 28 years

Lectureship: No upper age limit.

For any other information regarding NET exams ,please visit www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best.

aashisranjan784
2nd February 2013, 05:34 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To appear for National Eligibility Test you must have completed post graduation. Otherwise you are not eligible for this entrance exam. If you want to appear for National Eligibility Test for the Economics subject then it is important that you complete post graduation in Economics.

Only then you will be able to apply for the National Eligibility Test. This entrance exam is conducted for the College Lectureship and PhD. University Grants Commission conducts the NET entrance exam.

This exam is conducted in June and December of every year.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Post graduation degree in any stream.

3. You should have completed PG from UGC recognized college.

4. At least 55 percent marks in PG.

5. There is 5 percent relaxation for SC and ST.

6. Final year candidates are also eligible.

7. But final year candidates should submit their degree in 2 years.

8. NET subject should be relevant to your PG course.

9. There is no limit on attempts.

Age Limit

1. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

2. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

3. SC and ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

4. There is no upper age limit for college lectureship.
5th February 2013, 01:40 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility criteria for NET exam? I have done B.A programme in economics

Quote:

hi friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

NET Conducted by UGC......

NET Conducted for Two Post:

1.Junior Research Fellowship
2.Lectureship

A candidate who have completed their Post Graduation degree/Master Degree in any Discipline are eligible for applying this Examination.....

There is no any Age Criteria for applying Lectureship Post but for Junior Research Fellowship Post age not Exist 28 years this exam.....

Nationality of candidate must be INDIAN.....

You can Get More Information from Here : Click Here

All the best.....

6th February 2013, 06:41 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

During the B.A graduation completed candidate is not eligible for NET(National Eligibility Test) exam because the educational qualification for NET exam is Post-graduation. The post graduation degree must be complete from a recognised university. So to be eligible for NET exam you need to complete your Master's or Post Graduation. The eligibility details about NET exam is given below, you can go through these details.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete Post-Graduation with atleast 55% marks from a recognised university.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Final year appearing students are also eligible.

5% marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Age criteria:-

For JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) candidates the maximum age limit is 28 years.

For Lectureship candidates there is no maximum age limit.

There is a relaxation for reservation candidates as per goverment rules.

NET exam:-

NET exam is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission) two times per a year.

For more details visit below website www.ugcnetonline.nic.in

Best of luck
7th February 2013, 11:15 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NO, You are Not eligible to apply for the UGC NET exams.

UGC NET exams are conducted by UGC twice each year in June and December.

Below is the eligibilty to sit in this exams:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

NET Exam is conducted for :
Lecturership
Junior Reasearch Fellowship(JRF)
7th February 2013, 04:42 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC twice every year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligibility Criteria of NET:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST Candidate) from a recognised University.
-There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

So as you pursing B.A. in Economics, after completion of M.A. in Economics you will be eligible for NET.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
7th February 2013, 04:58 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.This test will be conduct for only lectureship , PHD and JRF .

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam but their is also some marks criteria.

You have completed your BA degree so sorry to say that , you are now not applicable for NET Exam.So first complete your masters degree then you can apply for NET Exam .

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For JRF ,The age should be below 28 years and for Lectureship there are no age limit.

Now NET papers are fully objective type with no negative marking .But there is sectional and overall cut off so please prepare all 3 papers equally .

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
7th February 2013, 06:19 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility criteria for NET exam? I have done B.A programme in economics

Hello Friend ,

Well B . A. Program in Economics won't do as the Eligibility criteria for applying For UGC NET EXAM are as under :

1} Aspirant should have passed Post Graduation (M.A. ) with 55% for General category & 50 50% for SC / ST Category in their respective s subjects . For e.g. you have to complete MA. in Economics .from a recognized University .

2} Applying for JRF candidates age should be 21 - 28 years if they belong to General category , for OBC - 21 -33 Years , where as for SC / ST upto 35 years

3} Applying for Lectureship , you no need to worry , as there is no such age limit so you can apply any time .

Details regarding upcoming exam , plesae vist the givin link ;

http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

GOOD LUCK ...
7th February 2013, 06:34 PM
Sikdu

NET exam is coducted by UGC for lecturership,Phd,.but to be eligible for it you need to get to complete your master's degree and you must score atleast 60% in your master's degree(relaxable upto 5 year for obc and upto 10 year for sc/st).
But sorry as you have just completed your BA degree you are not available now.yo must complete your master's degree.
Best of luck
7th February 2013, 06:37 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Sorry, but you are not eligible for NET exam, asyou are not a post graduate

NET – National Eligibility Test., is conducted two times in a year.

It is conducted in June and December.

NET is conducted by UGC for –

Candidates wishing to pursue PHD programmes and teaching at Universities.

Eligibility for NET –

Post graduation in any stream from a recognised university.

There is no upper age limit to apply for NET.

Number of attempts –

There is no limit to attempt this exam.

7th February 2013, 07:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you are just a Graduate and you are not eligible for UGC NET. Masters degree is required for UGC NET .

Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET:

-Post Graduate Degree with 55 % marks from a UGC recognised University.

-For SC/ST Category 50 % marks is required.

-There is no upper age limit for applying to UGC NET.

-If you want JRF ( Junior Research Fellowship) then you have to qualify UGC NET before 28 years of age.

-For Lecturership there is no age limit.

Examination Pattern:

-There will be 3 papers and every paper will be objective type in nature.

-You must atleast score 50 % marks in UGC NET exam then only you will have any chance of getting NET qualified because top 15 % candidates are only declared qualified.

Hence you can apply for Masters Degree after completing your Graduation. After completion of Masters Degree you will be eligible for UGC NET .

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
7th February 2013, 07:12 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

NET stands for National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National. The candidate should have completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University with 55% marks . There is no upper age restriction for for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within 28 years with upper age relaxation fo reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
8th February 2013, 07:21 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the eligibility criteria for NET exam? I have done B.A programme in economics

Quote:

Eligibility For NET

National Eligibility Test(NET) is conducted every year in June and December for lectureship as well as JRF programs by the UGC..

A candidate may appear for the NET Exam only if he/she satisfies the following minimum criterion :-

>> candidate must have completed post graduation in any stream from a recognized institute with at least 55% without rounding off (50% for the SC/ST candidates)

>> The candidates who are applying for the JRF program must be within the age limit of 18-28 years..

Since you have only completed your bachelor's degree now hence you are currently not eligible to appear for the NET Exam..

There are 3 papers which you will be facing in the written exam :-

>> Paper-1 :- based on general aptitude where you need to attempt any 50 questions out of 60 in 75 minutes..

>> Paper-2 :- based on your graduation subject where you will have 75 minutes to attempt 50 questions..

>> Paper-3 will have 75 questions to be done in 120 minutes..

You can also Click Here to know more about the NET Exam..

Go through the previous year question papers that I have attached for your reference..

I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Economics June 2012 P2.pdf(200.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: pdf Economics June 2012 P3.pdf(213.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: pdf Economics December 2011 p2.pdf(144.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf Economics December2011 Paper - III.pdf(129.9 KB, 62 views)
9th February 2013, 05:52 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Sradhika,

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test. This Test is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission.

The Test is conducted in the months of June and december for the posts of JRF and Lectureship.

The Eligibility Criteria For NET Examination are :

a) you must have completed your post graduation from any recognized university.

b) You must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

c) There is a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST candidates.

d) There is no age limit for the post of Lectureship.

e) But if you want to apply for the post of JRF , then your age should lie in between 21-28 years.

f) You must be an Indian Citizen.

As you have completed B.A. in Economics , you are currently ineligible for the NET Examination.

So first you have to complete your post graduation if you want to appear for the NET Exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?