22nd August 2010, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

What is the exact syllabus for CAT entrance exam? I am studying in 3rd semester in B.E

hi i am studying 3rd sem BE(CS) in P.G.Halakatti college,Bijapur.I want to join IIM college after my BE.so what is exact syllabus for CAT exam?

Related Questions:
  1. What's the eligibility criteria and qualification requirement for CAT exam? I am B.Tech 3rd year student -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Are 3rd year engineering students eligible for CAT entrance?
  3. Entrance exams to do PhD for MCA 3rd semester student?
  4. How may I get the exact syllabus of M.Sc entrance exam of BHU?
  5. Procedure and eligibility to get scholarship for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd semester student? -- [New]
  6. Can I do B.Tech in Polymer Technology after studying in BSc 3rd year
  7. How can I apply online for summer internship? I am studying MBA 3rd semester
  8. Which books should I refer for CAT entrance exam? How to start preparing for upcoming CAT entrance exam?
  9. Sathyabama University B.E in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering-3rd Sem Digital Logic Theory and Design (6C0065) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. What is the syllabus of 1-5th semester of ECE? I am 2nd year student of ECE
  11. What is the exact syllabus of history for JNU entrance exam?
  12. What should be the exact time to approach the exam of RIMC Dehradun
  13. How to start preparation for UPSC exam? I am studying Civil Engineering in 3rd Semester
  14. Is it necessary to appear for GATE after passing B.Tech CSE? What is the syllabus of CAT and PSU exam
  15. How can I become a collector after completing B.E? I am studying computer engineering in 3rd semester
  16. Cochin University Information Technology 3rd Semester Engineering Mathematics III Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Difference in syllabus between CAT and MAT? Does preparing CAT helpful to MAT?
  18. What is the syllabus of ICWA and CS? I am studying B.Com 3rd year
20th January 2012, 10:28 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What is the exact syllabus for CAT entrance exam? I am studying in 3rd semester in B.E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i am studying 3rd sem BE(CS) in P.G.Halakatti college,Bijapur.I want to join IIM college after my BE.so what is exact syllabus for CAT exam?
What is the exact syllabus for CAT entrance exam? I am studying in 3rd semester in B.E

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and is infact an entrance exam for getting entry into MBA courses .The syllabus and other related information are provided below:

CAT 2012 Quantitative Ability Syllabus:-

* Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc)
* Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations
* Quadratic and linear equations
* Algebra
* Profit & Loss
* Averages, Percentages, Partnership
* Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time
* Number system: HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS
* Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns
* Simple Interest & Compound Interest
* Set Theory, Venn Diagram
* Instalment Payments, Partnership, Clocks
* Probability, Permutations & Combinations

CAT 2012 Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Syllabus:-

* Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. visit tutorial»
* Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.
* Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
* Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree - identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.

CAT 2012 English Syllabus:-

Comprehension of passage, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.

CAT 2012 GK/GA/BA Syllabus :-

* Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
* Famous award and prizes
* World Records
* Books and authors
* Science, History, Geography, International organisations
* Important quotations
* Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.

Study Materials and Best Books to prepare for CAT Exam?

Well ,CAT is the best entrance exam for getting entry into MBA courses .You will get the Top Management Institutes in india .You can also get admission in any of the colleges which offers MBA courses on the basis of CAT Exam Scores.

I am recommending you some books for better preparation of CAT exams so please have a look on them .
  • Book 1

How To Prepare For Quantiative Aptitude For The CAT
    Author: Arun Sharma
    ISBN: 0071332146

• Book 2

Study Package For The CAT Online (With CD)
    Author: Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma
    ISBN: 0071329412

• Book 3

The Pearson Complete Guide For The CAT
    Author: Nishit K Sinha
    ISBN: 8131722090

• Book 4

Analytical & Logical Reasoning For CAT
    Author: B S Sijwali, Ajay Singh
    ISBN: 8183482708

• Book 5

How To Prepare For Verbal Ability And Reading Comprehension For The CAT
    Author: Arun Sharma, Meenakshi Upadhyay
    ISBN: 0071332138

• Book 6
    RS Aggarwal Verbal & Non Verbal
  • Book 7

Maths 30 Days Wonder

For better preparation follow the below given instruction :
  • Take part in online preparation test conducted by different websites.
  • Don't attempt those questions in which you are not confident enough.
  • Try to gain concepts upto the 10th level.
  • It need a good english so you must work on your english .I will suggest you to read " Word Power Made Easy " .
  • Practice Previous year papers and new sample year papers.

For more information and latest updates ,please visit the official website -http://www.catiim.in

With Regards
ravik1214
Attached Files
File Type: pdf R S aggarwal verbal reasoning.pdf(803.4 KB, 139 views)
20th January 2012, 10:39 PM
Shivam.Tiwari

Default Re: What is the exact syllabus for CAT entrance exam? I am studying in 3rd semester in B.E

Here is the syllabus for CAT useful for you as you are studying in the 3rd semester. A link is provided from which you can download the syllabus for CAT.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf syllabus-CAT.pdf(26.5 KB, 61 views)
21st January 2012, 02:16 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: What is the exact syllabus for CAT entrance exam? I am studying in 3rd semester in B.E

Quote:

Hello!

CAT i.e. Common Addmission Test. CAT is entrance which is organized every year for giving admissions in MBA course.After passing CAT exam you can get admisssion in top B-School & IIMs.

SYLLABUS FOR CAT EXAM

General Intelligence & Reasoning:

This sub-test is designed to test the candidate's inference and logic from the given information. It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, etc.

General Awareness and Current Affairs:

This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs. Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and current events and apart from that general awareness about the concerned region/zone for which advertisement has been published for will also be tested. The test may also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Environment, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research, etc.

Numerical Aptitude:

This sub-test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The test consists of questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, Distance, Profit & Loss, Mensuration, Algebra and Geometry, etc.

Data Analysis and Sufficiency:

This sub test is designed to test the ability of candidate to interpret and analyse the information and the data provided in the form of table, line graph, bar graphs, pie charts or combination of them. It also includes questions to test the ability to find out the sufficiency of data to answer
the questions.

English Language:

This sub-test is aimed to test candidate’s ability to comprehend a situation from a given passage and testing the language ability of the candidates in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, etc.

Computer Awareness:

This sub-test is designed to test candidate’s knowledge of basic computer operations, MS Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access operations, emails, internet and websites, basic computer hardware and languages.

PATTERN OF CAT EXAM
--------------------------

IMPORTANT BOOKS FOR CAT PREPARATION
-------------------------------------------

Dear Friend, CAT is one of toughest Exam so I suggest you to prepare for this when you are in prefinal year of your graduation so that you will crack it in first attempt.

>>Take your first step to aware with syllabus & patterns of CAT exam. Then collect the study materials, solved papers & books for CAT available in market. All these help you lot to recover easily.

>> Devide your whole study Program in sections & allocate a time to each section and try to complete each section in decided time. Be consistent during whole preparation period. this criteria will help you to ignore lacking anywhere.

>>Read English News paper or stories regularly to improve your English that will be very useful for you in "English Comprehensive" portion of CAT paper.

>>Just be with these things & I am sure you will get succeed in CAT exam.

Click Here for more detail regarding CAT exam.

Quote:
work hard honestly & you will be selected surely

Best wishes...
Regards
#4G Slt#
21st January 2012, 06:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the exact syllabus for CAT entrance exam? I am studying in 3rd semester in B.E

Quote:

[SIZE=4]ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CAT EXAM[/SIZE]

1. Candidate should be complete graduation from recognized Universities.
2. Percentage should be greater than 50% (relaxation for SC/ST Caste)
3. Final Appearing candidates also applicable.

[SIZE=4]PATTERN OF CAT EXAM[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]
BEST MBA COLLEGE THROUGH CAT EXAM[/SIZE]

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Management Indore
XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur
IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad
FMS – Faculty of Management Studies
NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies
ISB – Indian School of Business Hyderabad
MDI – Management Development Institute
SPJIMR – S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
SIBM – Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
21st January 2012, 03:47 PM
surekha_katreddy

Quote:
CAT is a common entrance for admission into the 13 IIM's and class-a B-schools present all over India.It is conducted annually once.

CAT is conducted online from the year 2009 .
The exam comprises of 60 questions to be answered in 2 hours 15 minutes plus a 15 minute tutorial.

The syllabus for the CAT is not actually predefined.However the previous trends indicate that it generally comprises of :
Verbal Ability
Quantitative ability
Logical Reasoning
Data Interpretation.

In addition to the syllabus suggested by our forum members, i suggest you to visit the web site: http://www.catsyllabus.com/
9th March 2012, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

hi im rohit n i want to know that i got 48% in both 10th n 12th. and in graduation i got 60%. am i eligible for iim?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?