14th July 2017, 02:07 PM
Tarakaramanaik

What are the government jobs available under optometry course?

I had completed my intermediate and but I want to do a course in Optometry so in this course what are the available government jobs? Can you list all the government based jobs which I can apply and criteria followed for the same? Awaiting for the response soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum marks required in 12th to study Optometry Undergraduate course in any Government college of Kerala? Scope and differences among B.Optometry and B.Sc(Optometry)?
  2. What are the government jobs available under optometry course?
  3. Details about the exams for government jobs after graduating in Optometry? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Admission in B.Sc Optometry is possible after 2 years Diploma in Optometry?
  5. List of government jobs and salary pay scale in Tamil Nadu?
  6. Future career prospect and starting salary after B.Sc Optometry? Whether Ophthalmology course can be done after Optometry?
  7. Is it possible for me to get job after completion of Optometry from Mugavari school of Optometry?
  8. List of government colleges which offer B.Sc(Optometry) in Kannur and Kozhikode? Scope of this course?
  9. How to work in government sector after doing BSc Optometry
  10. List of government colleges in Karnataka for Optometrist and their admission procedure -- [New]
  11. Procedure to pursue M.Sc in optometry from a government institute
  12. Which course to take between B.Sc Optometry and B.Sc Nursing? What are the job opportunities in future?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for B.Optometry or B.Sc Optometry after completion of diploma in optometric technician?
  14. Which is better to study in Post Graduation among Optometry and Ophthalmology for B.Sc(Optometry) graduate?
  15. Jobs at private or government hospitals after Bachelor of Optometry and Vision Science course from Paramedical college of Durgapur?
  16. B.Sc in Ophthalmology is available in which university?
  17. What are the possibilities to get Gujarat government sector optometry job?
  18. How can I get a job in government sector? I have completed graduation in Optometry
14th July 2017, 10:14 PM
ranu shahi

Default Re: What are the government jobs available under optometry course?

These are the various government jobs under optometry courses:-
Optometry Researcher
Vision Consultant
Professor
Private Practitioner
Customer Care Associate
Trainee Optometrist.

You can join these posts after completing Bachelor in Optometry and for the job of professor you have to complete your master's degree in optometry.
15th July 2017, 08:45 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

** There are three types of Jobs available after Optometry :
* Optometrist
* Ophthalmologist
* Optician

** Job profiles :

* Customer Care Associate
* Private Practitioner
* Professor
* Trainee Optometrist
* Vision Consultant
* Optometry Researcher

** Pay scale :

* Optometrist : 4 lacks to 5 lacs per year
* Ophthalmologist : 9 to 10 lacs per year
15th July 2017, 04:59 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Some of the jobs in Optometrists are given below:-

Optometry Researcher

Vision Consultant

Trainee Optometrist

Professor

Private Practitioner

Customer Care Associate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?