11th September 2011, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

What are the government jobs for ECE students? What is the highest salary that is paid for government job in ECE?

What are the government jobs for ece students? Which is the highest salary paying govt. Job in ece?

16th October 2011, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the government jobs for ECE students? What is the highest salary that is paid for government job in ECE?

I AM final year student doing B.E ECE, in chennai . I am having an aggregate of 79% now and i belong to SC CASTE how much percentage sure that i will get a job in government sector after writting IES EXAM;;;;
30th October 2011, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the government jobs for ECE students? What is the highest salary that is paid for government job in ECE?

after b-tech 4th year what are the exam for government jobs??
5th November 2011, 11:14 PM
VegaSridhar

Hi Friend,

If you want to enter government sectorr with ECE background, you must have a good knoweldge of your technical subjects. That is very important to crack any government exam. The competition is also very heavy. All exams are very tight with so many aspirants trying to grab a very limited jobs.
I'm listing major recruiters of ECE students in Government sector.

Railway recruitment Board

Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)

BHEL

SSC

BSNL

ONGC

IOCL

VSNL

MTNL

TATA Tele Services

BARC

Reliance Communication (Private Sector)

DRDO

HAL

SAIL

ECIL

IOCL

ISRO

NTPC

GAIL

All companies give notification for the specified number of openings. So you need to follow their websites and news papers regularly. You buy EMPLOYMENT NEWS for more notifications of government jobs and it is helpful to find other opportunities also.

All The Best

Vega Sridhar
25th November 2011, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

sir,
what r the ways for preparing for govt exams?
plz guide me......
27th November 2011, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

am studying btech 3rd year ece..iwant to know about the government jobs available aftr btech?
5th December 2011, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Im final year ECE student my cgpa is oly 6.37 sc caste can i apply for goverment jobs
21st December 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

what kind of preparation needed to crack a job in government for ece.
29th December 2011, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

i m a b.tech student from bput odisha...pursueing 2nd year....what kind of preparation ineed to crack the gate exam??plz give a souitable tips..
26th January 2012, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

im doing my 2nd yr BE ECE how can i improve my self to get selected in campus interview?
26th January 2012, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

im doing my 2nd yr be ece... how can i improve myself for getting selected in campus interview
11th February 2012, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

what is the hieghest salary to ece students in govt sector?
26th March 2012, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

will you please give me the complete information about government jobs and the exams related to this jobs.
11th May 2012, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am doing final year be ece .how can i got job in indian railways.give the list of jobs belongs to my qualification.
23rd June 2012, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

hello sir!!!!!!! i was pursuing b.tech (2nd) in university ..i have cgpa 9.2 which sector is good for me (IT sector or communication sector)
28th July 2012, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

helo sir i am shruti jaiswal doing my 3rd year ece study i have cleard the previous yrs by 7.1 GP i want to know wt al the government jobs available for me and how can i get them i want to know al thedetails regarding preparations for a government job??
2nd August 2012, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i m doing b.tech in ece i want to get the government job please tell me which exams i have to crack for it with complete information and what maximum salary can i get after cracking this exam,my email id is [email protected]
20th August 2012, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

hello, i completed be in ece .i got placed in tcs but am searching for any core companies so can u guide in this stream..plz...
14th October 2012, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i have completed my B.E ece wWhat are the government jobs for ECE students? What is the highest salary that is paid for government job
15th October 2012, 05:44 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

government jobs for ECE students

DRDO

HAL

SAIL

Railway recruitment Board

Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)

BHEL

SSC

TATA Tele Services

BARC

Reliance Communication

ECIL

IOCL

ISRO

NTPC

GAIL
BSNL

ONGC

IOCL

VSNL

MTNL
15th October 2012, 10:11 PM
abhishekroy.781991

Hey pal,
Since you are a ECE student, there are several career opportunities for you. Whether it is the public sector or the private, you can get a job in any of the sectors. But being a student of a core branch, I would suggest you to opt for the core companies. There are many core companies in India as well abroad. So you can definitely opt for these companies. Here is a list of some of the companies that you would like to prefer which belong to the govt. sector,

SAIL
GAIL
DRDO
ONGC
OIL
IOC
NEEPCO
BHEL
INDIAN AIR LINES
Indian Army
Sterlite Industries (India) Ltd.
Mahindra & Mahindra Limited
JSW Steel Limited
Ashok Leyland Limited
Jindal Steel & Power Ltd
Cummins India Limited
IndiaBulls Financial Services Ltd
Godrej Consumer Products Ltd
Moser Baer India Ltd.
TATA STEEL
TATA MOTORS
NTPC
MTPS
BSNL
MTNL

Best wishes..
16th October 2012, 08:08 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There are various jobs for the Electronics and Communication Engineers in the govenment sector. ECE is considered as one of the best branches of Engineering especially if you want job in the government sector.

You basically have two options, either go for PSU job or apply for the Indian Engineerin Service exam. Public Sector Undertakings as you may know are the companies where government of India is the major stakeholder.

You can apply for PSU jobs with ECE degree. As a matter of fact, Electronics and Communication Engineers can find job in almost all the Public Sector Undertakings in the country. Here is the eligibility criteria:

1. Graduation degree in Engineering (B.Tech) from a recognized university.

2. At least 60 percent marks in B.Tech course.

3. Your age should be 21 to 30 years.

4. The age limit for OBC is extended by 3 years.

5. SC/ST gets 5 years relaxation for PSU jobs.

6. There should be no pending backlogs.

You may also have to appear for the GATE entrance exam because several PSU asks for the GATE score from the candidate.

List of PSU

ECIL

ISRO

GAIL

NTPC

SAIL

DRDO

HAL

BARC

BHEL

MTNL

ONGC

BEL

BSNL

IOCL

SAIL

BPCL

Like I mentioned earlier the other option for you is Indian Engineering Service Exam. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to recruit Engineering candidates for the various posts in the central government departments.

Eligibility

1. Applying candidate must be Indian citizen.

2. The age limit for the IES exam is 21 to 30 years.

3. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC

4. 5 years relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST.

5. You must have B.Tech degree in Electrical, Electronics & Communications, Civil and Mechanical Engineering.
25th November 2012, 03:09 PM
Viraj0013

Dear friends

Since you are a ECE student, there are several career opportunities for you. Whether it is the public sector or the private, you can get a job in any of the sectors. But being a student of a core branch, I would suggest you to opt for the core companies. There are many core companies in India as well abroad. So you can definitely opt for these companies. Here is a list of some of the companies that you would like to prefer which belong to the govt. sector,

You basically have two options, either go for PSU job or apply for the Indian Engineerin Service exam. Public Sector Undertakings as you may know are the companies where government of India is the major stakeholder.

List of PSU

NTPC

GAIL

ECIL

ISRO

SAIL

DRDO

HAL

BARC

MTNL

ONGC

BHEL

BEL

SAIL

BSNL

IOCl

BPCL
25th November 2012, 07:43 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What are the government jobs for ECE students? What is the highest salary that is paid for government job in ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the government jobs for ece students? Which is the highest salary paying govt. Job in ece?

LIST OF PSU

GAIL

ECIL

ISRO

BHEL

BEL

SAIL

BSNL

IOCl

SAIL

DRDO

HAL

BARC

MTNL

ONGC
10th December 2012, 05:47 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

the government jobs for ECE students

1.barc
2.mtnl
3.iocl
4.bel
5.gail
6.isro
7.drdo
8.ntpc
9.bhel
10.ongc

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
29th December 2012, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

which branch is best ece,cse,civil,mechanical.
and in wich branch mostly job prefered??????????
24th January 2013, 05:22 PM
pinewood
Senior Member+

hi,,,

the government jobs for ECE students

1.sail
2.gail
3.isro
4.drdo
5.ntpc
6.hpcl
7.ecuil
8.iocl
9.power grid
10.ntpc

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?