17th June 2013, 11:40 AM
ramprasad k

What are the government jobs for B.E ECE students in combined defence force

sir
i am doing be ece 3rd year.what are the government exams needed for me to enter combined defence service.whwt are all the qualifications i needed to enter government engineering job after completing BE degree.

31st March 2016, 11:22 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the government jobs for B.E ECE students in combined defence force

Being a third year student of B.E. degree with ECE ( Electrical and Communication engineering ) you are eligible for becoming defense officer ( lieutenant ) once you enter the final year of same degree course by joining Combined Defense Services ( CDS ) by clearing CDS entrance examination.

--> CDS entrance examination is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> Also CDS has four wings which are Naval Academy ( NA ), Indian Airforce Academy ( AFA) , Indian Military Academy ( IMA ), Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

--> Also for appearing in the same examination you must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must be a citizen of India with your age lying within 19 years to 22 years for joining NA, 19 years to 23 years for joining AFA, 19 years to 24 years for joining IMA & 19 years to 25 years for joining OTA.

* You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or pursuing the final year of same degree course with any stream of your choice from a recognized university. But for joining NA and AFA , your bachelor degree must include anyone of Mathematics, Physics or Engineering degree as your main subjects.

For further details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upscexam.com or www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?