19th February 2018, 01:54 PM
adikesav

What is the maximum age limitation for Public Service Commission exam?

I am a Hindu (General). My date of birth is 14.07.1980. I am working in a private company since 2003 in Accounts field. Can I appear for Public Service Commission - PSC exam? Kindly advise.

23rd February 2018, 09:34 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the maximum age limitation for Public Service Commission exam?

First thing I would like to let you know that PSC ( Public Service Commission ) examinations are held for recruitment of personnel at various administrative posts. Further, PSC examinations are held at two stages, one at the national level known as Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC whereas the second is held at the state level by concerned states.

Now as far as you are concerned about the age limit for appearing in PSC examination then in case of Civil Services examination it is 21 years to 32 years for general category candidates. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

Further, the age limit for state PSC examinations is different for different states but it lies in the range of 21 years to 33 years or 35 years in case of most
state PSCs.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in where as for details regarding different state PSC you can refer to their respective official link.
23rd February 2018, 06:24 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the maximum age limitation for Public Service Commission exam?

For UPSC, Civil Service Examination the age limit is 21-32 years for general category.

So, you are not eligible to appear for an examination.

The age limit varies with State PSC. So, visit the official website of State PSC you want to appear for an examination.

To get detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th February 2018, 03:11 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by adikesav View Post
I am a Hindu (General). My date of birth is 14.07.1980. I am working in a private company since 2003 in Accounts field. Can I appear for Public Service Commission - PSC exam? Kindly advise.
Your Age is 38 years now and you are not eligible for Union Public service commission exams now.

Age Limit:Minimum 21 years for all candidates
Maximum age is 32 years for General category candidates
3 years age relation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates

In the state public service commission age varies from state to state.
There also maximum age is 35 years to apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?