5th April 2019, 08:30 PM
Reedudu

What is the maximum number of attempts allowed in PSC?

My date of birth is 17.10.1981 and I belong to OBC caste category. For how many times can I appear for Public Service Commission examination? Any benefits of being OBC candidates?

7th April 2019, 08:43 PM
geethasbj994

Default Re: What is the maximum number of attempts allowed in PSC?

Dear aspirant,

As of now, these are the limits of the maximum number of attempts to appear in Public Service Commission examination:

• General Category – 6 attempts, upper age limit 32 years;
• OBC – 9 attempts, upper age limit 35 years;
• SC/ST – unlimited attempts, upper age limit 37 years.

So, being a OBC candidate you have 9 attempts for Public Service Commission examination.

Good Luck
7th April 2019, 11:55 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

PSC examination is conducted for recruitment in state service.

The required age limit and number of attempts criteria varies for the examination.

The common required educational qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline. So, visit official website to get detail information.
8th April 2019, 02:30 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** As per the given information, the maximum number of attempts allowed in PSC is four for general and OBC category candidate.

** The age of the candidate should be in between 21 to 30 years.

** As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to for PSC because the date of birth of you is 17.10.1981.

** In case of SC/ST category candidate there is no limit on the number of attempts and the upper age of the candidate is 35 years.
8th April 2019, 06:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

In state Public Service Commission exams, candidates are allowed to apply for it till their upper age limit. The upper age limit varies from state to state. For example, in some state, the upper age limit is 35 years and in some stage it is 37 years.

In case of OBC and SC/ST candidates, there is upper age relaxation of three years and five years respectively.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?