21st August 2012, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum qualification for PCS exam?

what is the minimum qualification in pcs exam?..please tell me what is it

7th September 2012, 05:04 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification for PCS exam?

Eligibility requirements may differ with job profile. Pass in 12th is minimum qualification specified for junior level jobs. By this qualification, you can apply for clerical positions, assistant positions, etc. Bachelor degree holders can apply for higher job positions. Details on these exams will be issued in the web portal of state PSC.
7th September 2012, 08:42 PM
koppula.haritha

Qualification for Pcs Exam:

PCS stands for "Punjab Civil Service"

Educational qualification

1. The candidate should possess a degree of bachelor in any discipline from a recognized university or institution; Provided that the candidate may be permitted to take preliminary examination while studying for his degree. However, the candidate shall be required to produce proof of passing the degree course for being eligible to take the final examination during that year.

2. No candidate shall be eligible for appearing in the preliminary examination, unless he has passed the Matriculation examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects or any other equivalent examination in Punjabi language, which may be specified by the Government from time to time. Explanation:- In this rule, the expression "recognized university" or "institution" shall have the same meaning, as assigned to it in the Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994.

Age Limit

a) A candidate should have attained the minimum age of twenty one years and should not have attained the age of thirty five years on the first day of January of the year, in which the last day falls for submission of application to the Commission;

(i) Provided that in the case of Punjab Police Service, a candidate should have attained the minimum age of twenty-one years and should not have attained the age of twenty-eight years on the first day of the year, referred to above.
(ii) Provided that in the case of Deputy Superintendent of Police, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab are relaxed in age up to 5 years as per Punjab Government Instructions.
b) The upper age limit for a Punjab Government employee, including that of a court, who has not less than four years continuous service under the Government, will be relaxable up to 45 years.
c) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable up to a maximum of five years for Schedules Castes and Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab.
d) The upper age limit for widows, divorcees and certain other categories of women of Punjab will be relaxable up to 40 years.
e) Age relaxation in upper age limit, up to 10 years to the disabled persons of Punjab.
f) An ex-serviceman of Punjab domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in Armed Forces of the Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.

Number of Attempts at the Examination

a) Unless covered by any of the exceptions, which may from time to time, be notified by the Government in this behalf, every candidate appearing for the examination after the commencement of these rules, shall be permitted to avail four attempts at the examination.
Explanation:- For the purpose of this rule, an appearance of a candidate in the Preliminary Examination, shall be deemed to be an attempt at the examination.
b) A Punjab Government servant, including that of court, who is otherwise eligible , and has not less than four years of continuous service on the last date fixed by the Commission for submission of applications and who has not availed of three chances in addition to those which he might have availed of in any other capacity, is eligible to apply under this category
c) Ex-servicemen category candidates are permitted only three attempts at the examination.

Nationality

A candidate shall be a:
a) Citizen of India; or
b) Citizen of Nepal; or
c) Subject of Bhutan; or
8th September 2012, 01:33 AM
ravichandran_p

Eligibility Criteria for PCS Exam

Educational Qualification required for PCS Exam :

The applicant should have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.

The student should have taken Punjabi as one of compulsory or elective subjects in his/her Matriculation examination.

Physical Standards Required for Punjab Police Service

For Punjab Police Service, the applicant have to undergo physical test and have to be fit according to the rules and regulations. They have to fulfill the necessary physical standards as below.

Minimum height of Men: 5'.7"

Minimum height of Women: 5'.3"

Chest Measurement for Men (Unexpanded): 33"

Chest Measurement for Men (Expanded): 341/2"

Age Limit for PCS Exam 2011

The applicant should not be below 21 years and not above 35 years.

For Punjab Police Service the candidate should not be below 21 and should not be above 28 years.

For SC/ST a relaxation of 5 years are given for Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) the candidate.

For Physically Challenged applicants upper age limit is relaxable up to 45 years.

For widows and Divorcees upper age limit is relaxable up to 40 years
15th November 2012, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

b.tech student can apply PCS papers???
6th August 2013, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

is ignou degree is valide for ias pcs? Akhilesh kumar
13th October 2013, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

I am 30year old and i will clear graduation by 2014 march.but i have gap in my graduation years.am i eligible for pcs?
21st October 2013, 08:03 AM
Unregistered

I need apply for P C S exam in pk ,what qualification I need for this exam
1st November 2013, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

what are the requiremnts for pcs exams?
10th November 2013, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure for pcs exames and date ,syllabus .tell me the admition date in 2013
24th November 2013, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

what is the best subject for apply the P C S exam ? ples guid me.
22nd December 2013, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

after 2 student can give the exam of preliminary or entrance pcs?
19th January 2014, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO KNOW THE ELIGIBILITY OF PCS J
14th May 2014, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

have any quota for ex service man in up ..pcs ?
any age relaxation for ex service man in pcs ?
8th August 2014, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

I service in army. Please guide me for PCS & IPS. What is age limit and qualification for army person
2nd June 2017, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Can bsc nursing students eligible for pcs exam? And what should be the minimum body measurement for a woman ?
8th July 2018, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

I want to make Dios. Please suggestions me that in which degree we should have for apply Dios exam?
19th December 2018, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Can Bsc medical student is eligible for pcs exam and what qualifications for it?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?