5th December 2012, 05:44 PM
dada tiwari

How to prepare for IAS/IPS/IFS and PCS exam? What is the minimum qualification required?

respected sir,
i am dheerendra tiwari.
i want to know that .how to prepare the IAS/IPS/IFS AND PCS.
AND MINIMUM qualification .if i want to do prepare this.
when come to the vacancy for this site. so pla aware me.

18th January 2013, 11:55 AM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS/IPS/IFS and PCS exam? What is the minimum qualification required?

Sir...
I would appreciate your aspiration of joining Indian civil services. These civil services are conducted by the union public service commission (UPSC) .
Through this civil service examinations one can get INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE(IAS), INDIAN POLICE SERVICE (IPS), INDIAN REVENUE SERVICE (IRS), INDIAN FOREIGN SERVICES (IFS), according to their rank in the CIVIL SERVICES examination

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear in the way of an IPS/IAS/IFS/IRS aspirant.--

1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW (PERSONNEL EVALUATIONS)

The minimum educational requirements for the civil service examinations are , -

>> You must have a graduation degree in any stream but from a recognized college.

>> You must not be just a diploma holder, as just diploma holders are not eligible for this exams. So you must posses a graduation degree or its equivalents.

>> You must have Indian nationality.

>> There is not any kind of minimum percentage requirement criteria. You just have to pass the minimum qualifications examinations.

CSAT exam syllabus--

CSAT exam's optional subjects >>

The age limit for these posts are 21-30 years for GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,

Physical standards--

No. of attempts-

Four for the general candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,

For more information please visit the official website by clicking -www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!!
16th March 2013, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS/IPS/IFS and PCS exam? What is the minimum qualification required?

what to do for ias after 10th?
Which subjects will will be useful for that?
4th May 2013, 07:44 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Tips to prepare for IAS/IPS/IFS and PCS exam:
  • Proper planning is very much essential in the process of preparing for the civil services exams like IAS,IPS etc.The candidate should plan the time to be spent for preparing for each subject.
  • The candidates should keep themselves updated regarding the current affairs by reading the newspapers daily.
  • Monthly news magazines will also be helpful. The candidates can go through the magazines like chronicle, The Frontline, Yojana, Kurukshetra, The week / outlook, Survey of Indian industries, etc…
  • You need to have good knowledge of current affairs and our history and administration.
  • It’s important to have some reading habits as that will help you to keep yourself updated about the current affairs. Read lots of NEwsletters.Also you should be strong in aptitude and the subjects that you have chosen or will choose.
13th May 2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

if i have any damage in my hand mean i am eligible r not like
(operation in hand) r bone dislocation etc.
16th June 2013, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

i also want to knw how to prepare for ips ??
3rd October 2013, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir what is scope for bhms docter in gov job in gov force
3rd January 2014, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am currently pursuing b.tech, i am in my 3rd year and i would turn 21 this march. Can i apply for the mains exam that would happen in may 2014 ?
17th February 2014, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,I have done BSC.IT from PTU.My gradauation has been completed.Now,i m pursuing MCA.This is my final year.I want to became an IPS Officer.Please suggest me what should i do?what is my first step to take entrance in IPS?
18th February 2014, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I write IAS exam after my undergrad in law in UK from shefeild Hallam,or which uno is recognized in UK.
19th February 2014, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/mam,
I am doing MBA, nw I am just waiting for my final result. And before that I have done my graduation in BBA.so, can I apply for the exam of IAS...???
and also help me that how to prepare for an exam..???
21st February 2014, 10:06 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

I appreciate your interest towards getting job in civil services and to serve the country.

In order to be placed in any of the civil service like
IAS
IPS
IRS
IFS etc.

one should have to crack civil services Exam being conducted by UPSC once in a year.

The complete selection procedure would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

One should have completed Graduation from a recognized university in order to be eligible to apply for this Exam.

Age criteria :
21-30 years for General category
21-33 years for OBC category
21-35 years for SC or ST category.

You did not mention the highest level of academic qualification that you have. If you possess the above mentioned eligibility criteria, then you can apply for this Exam.

It is not so easy to crack this Exam as there is huge level of competition is there for this exam among the candidates.

Tips to prepare for this Exam will be
-Join in coaching institute
-Allocate some hours of your time in a day towards this preparation
-practicing mock tests
-preparing previous year papers etc.

Wish you all the best.
12th June 2014, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

hello sir
i also want to know whats the qualification for ips test
8th October 2014, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

sir iam 12thpass -50percent and graduate commerce can i apply in IPS police?
27th October 2014, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

dear sir I want to appear in pcs exam i am doing M.sc chemistry now but i dont have proper eyesite what should i do?
5th September 2015, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm a ex service man and complete graduation through IGNOU, my DOB 10/03/1979. I want to attend PCS/IPS/IAS exam so you are requested to tell me about this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?