31st December 2015, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for becoming Police SI?

What is the procedure followed for becoming Police SI? Can you please help me with the complete information on this? Let me know the complete steps which I need to follow to ensure that I will get the job. Awaiting for the answer soon.

31st December 2015, 11:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for becoming Police SI?

One who wishes to join as sub inspector has to appear for the exam conducted by the concerned State Police Recruitment Board.

The eligibility criteria to become a Sub inspector are as under:-

-The candidate should have a citizenship of India.

-The minimum qualification required to apply for the post is Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

-The physical standards requirement to apply for the Police Inspector post are

*Height-

**For male candidate-165 cm.

**For female candidate-150 cm.

There is relaxation in height for hill men and tribals by 5 cm.

*Chest: 76 cms with expansion (There shall be no such requirement in case of female candidates)

* Vision: Eye-sight (with or without glasses)

**Distant vision: 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.

**Near vision: 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.

-The selection process consists of written exam and physical test.

-The written exam is for

*General Knowledge

*General Awareness

*Reasoning Ability

*Maths.
31st December 2015, 11:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for becoming Police SI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the procedure followed for becoming Police SI? Can you please help me with the complete information on this? Let me know the complete steps which I need to follow to ensure that I will get the job. Awaiting for the answer soon.
The procedure for becoming a Sub Inspector of Police is followed by applying for the IPS entrance exam. IPS is one of the civil services and to join in this service UPSC offers a chance by writing the civil service exam.

To apply for the IPS exam, you need to satisfy certain eligibility standards which consists of:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational Qualification
  • Physical Standard

-> The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India.

-> The minimum age needed is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years for general category candidates. If you related to SC/ST category you will get 5 years relaxation and if you are OBC candidate you will be 3 years relaxation.

-> The educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

-> Regarding the physical standards, you need to satisfy the following standards in the table

If you tend to satisfy all these above mentioned criteria's then you can apply for the IPS in order to join in as Sub Inspector of Police as it is one of the post which you can select through this exam.

To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?